Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"At least...

...your blog is funny."

That's what a sweet friend said after I complimented her on her blog.
Her's is one of those blogs I thought I would have when I grew up.
Okay, I know, I didn't have any blog in mind for when I grew up,
but you know what I mean.

She has cute pics of her cute kids.
(not mug shots)
she has darling photos of her family's traditions,
(not stories of failed attempts and the worst part,
forgetting something was a tradition...)
Recipes to share,
even an uber cute signature for each of her posts and comments.

AND SHE IS FUNNY TOO!

So as I attempted to start my day on the right foot,
I found Mr. Senior still in bed.
He couldn't go to school because he couldn't walk.
I told him to limp for a few days and it would feel better.
He reminded me of the last time I said that and
two weeks later he ended up with a cast from
toe to hip for 8 weeks.
Hilarious!
Then Mr. We can't wait till he's not 13 anymore called from school,
he's sure has has worms.
His brother's have been encouraging and frightening his diagnostic abilities.
Knee-slapper!
Glad we got a girl 12 yr old, is devastated because her surprise guest for career day surprised her by not showing up.
ROTFL!!!
Then, Can't live her can't live without her Mother calls to tell me that Hoot and a half 10 yr old said that his sister is in detention for eating a FROG.
The teacher wasn't going to put her in detention until she threw up!
When I finally got Hoot and a half on the phone, he fessed up that he was just playing a joke on Mimi and that his sister was already in the car...
LOL!
Did I mention we had 2 shifts go uncovered this morning at work?
STOP, STOP, I'M GOING TO WET MY PANTS I'M LAUGHING SO HARD!
Just when I thought my day couldn't get anymore pleasant,
Mr. Soldier of the Cycle brought home light sabers, the noisy kind, and a panic button key chain for everyone!!

Oh, Hysterical!

Did I mention I didn't have any interaction with "authorities" that I'm aware of...
that would just be the icing on the cake!

Oh wait, I forgot to mention the truancy notice for Mr. Senior.
"Why were you truant, Son?"
"Mr. Graber was just mad st me."
"Really, do tell?"
"I went to the bathroom and he wrote me up as truant."
"Is that what he would say happened?"
"That is what happened. After I wen to the bathroom, I didn't really see a point of going back to class so I didn't. I don't know why he'd care, I wasn't causing him trouble. They are the ones always complaining about class size. Jeesh!"

We should take this act on the road...hahahahahahahah!



2 comments:

Rhonda said...

you make me feel normal! lol

I love your blog, I love your way of telling real-life events that must be totally overwhelming at times and put them in writing so we can all get a chuckle. lol

Some days are just comedy routines, let's just face it.

Becky said...

Where do you find your pictures??? It makes my day whenever Dashboard shows there's a post from you. Just keep celebrating the fact that we're all unique. Life would be totally boring otherwise.