Sunday, April 25, 2010

Really random updates....

It seems once you've lost the blogging mojo, it is not as easy to get it back as I had hoped. I have lots of blog posts run through my head, yet I am so rarely at my computer for leisure these days. Do I dare invest in the ability from my phone???? I would be as bad as my teens! As crazy as it sounds, I miss my imaginary friends in blogland. We have had plenty going on around here, some worthy to hit this blog, and some that needs to be keep under the vest for now. Does anyone else feel that way? That if you really published either what was going on in your life or just what is going on in your head, alarms would go off? I don't ever want to worry those around me. Too bad there isn't a way for us to have a reverse private blog. One where only those you don't know in real life can read? Although I do have friends and relatives who would be welcome to read all my thoughts, there are others who would call the authorities. Again I wonder, does anyone else feel that way?

I am dying for another road trip! I loved our sojourn across the country last year. I would really like to do that again. This time with a little bit more sight seeing and time with family and friends. And figuring out a way to bring Dieter.

I am dying to camp on the beach. My fondest memories from childhood involve camping or the beach. I am a California girl at heart and hate feeling "land locked" here in the mountains.

I don't miss having little kids...is that bad? I love my children and I really feel like I invested so much into them as little people. I have fond memories and few regrets about that stage of mine and their lives. I also REALLY like who my children are growing up to be. I enjoy their company and find developing "adult" relationships so rewarding. They are interesting and caring and funny! And I do run a Child Center, so it;s not like I never get time with little ones. Except for Halloween and Christmas, I miss having little people to share those days with.

I am showing great restraint and have not gotten another dog. Oh how i want another one though. Part of the reason for the delay is common sense. I hate having to make decisions that way...ugh!

I got to spend an hour maybe two with my sister in law, Heather. What a delight! She is hands down one of my favorite people and I have to tell you, my in laws make Eternity seem worth it!

I am thinking about doing something radical with my hair, I am soo bored with it!!!!
Any suggestions? Blonde? Black? Both? I have so much gray these days and if I have to color it anyway, why no t do something really FUN?

I eat ice cream while watching The Biggest Loser, and move the laundry piles while watching Hoarders. Is there an "Intervention" type show for people who are simply TIRED!! I don't need a complete overhaul I just need Supernanny, Ty Pennington, and Dr Drew to spend a week here while I go to a hotel on the beach for a nap!

I am in love with Lindt White Chocolate Truffles!

I can not watch Top Gear on the BBCA channel. Jeremy the host may be my new celebrity crush. If you don;t know what I'm talking about, it's worth googling. I have know idea what they are talking about, not because of the accent, because they talk about inane details of cars and how they work. It's like watching a foreign film with no subtitles. But I love it anyway. It's kind of relaxing, odd, I know.

I sometimes also watch Sports Center when I miss my son, Chris. He loved that show and all things sports. Again, for me it;s like watching a foreign film, but I do it because, I know he can't. Does anyone else do that? I also listen to Beatles songs because I know my husband likes them. Weezer too, except I love Weezer!

Chandler will be spending the summer as a Lifeguard, Seth is hoping to spend the summer mountain biking and base jumping, hmm?, Annie has big plans for making sure she is always accessorized properly, and Geoff will be pillaging and plundering with his best bud Leo.

Those in the 84095 be warned!

6 comments:

Louise Hiatt said...

Road trips are fun! We are coming out to Utah in July. Maybe since we missed seeing you on your trip east we can catch up when we come west. I know what you mean about blogs -- I have all sorts of ideas and experiences that would make great blogs -- but I'm afraid to actually put it down in writing. If they are written down I can't claim ignorance, insanity or blame my husband!

Rhonda said...

yes, we feel that way too. I would like to spill some feelings on my blog at times but some people that stalk me but hate my guts would just have fuel to make fun of me with, and those that are close (like the moms) would be all up in the worry and I don't want that.

So I keep things in sometimes. I like the idea of a reverse privacy thing too!

Ok, your hair. My daughter just dyed her hair a dark color, almos tlooks black but then when she's in the sun or the light hits it has a purple-ish tint to it. It's TOTALLY HAWT! and subtle mostly. BUT HAWT totally! do that!

Road trip is sounding good right now. I'm not a beach or a cali girl but I do wanna go real bad to see winchester mansion, always have, never been. :( sad, really.

Also, yes, I watch BURN NOTICE because it was my dads fav show. When he was alive he'd ask if I'd seen it and I'd say no, no time to watch. Then after he died I started watching it and now I wonder what he thought of Fiona and wished I'd watched sooner since he really wanted to talk about it. :( But those things make us feel close to those that aren't around. It's a good thing.

Also, sorry for writing a book in your comment section. I must be lonely or sumpin' these days. LOL!

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing thoughts that I think we all have. Enjoy your day, and be sure to share what radical change you make with your hair. Since my hair needs "something" and I'm too chicken to be radical, I'll have to live vicariously through you!!!

We too are planning on coming to Utah this summer; we'll have to make time to do something with "my" side of the family this time :)

Karen said...

The amount of times I said "Me too!" and "Yes I feel the same!" remain uncounted. I tried a reverse blog once. No one visited so I shut it down... HA! I guess diaries are still an option...I suppose.

Lorie said...

A reverse blog would be a dream come true!! Too bad it is only a dream!

Sadie said...

You should really look at this show called wipeout. It's so funny when people you don't know get dunked into water in such funny ways