
Okay, that's almost what I looked like....but I did it!
I called my boss all kinds of ugly names on my way in,
but I knew it was for my own good. I also was a little curious to see what I could do.
And what exactly did I do?
I swam 12 laps, (don't know how long the pool is)
I rode 8.7 miles on a bike, (soo unbelievably uncomfortable!)
and then I wogged, jog/walked, 1.2 miles.
I know, hardly an accomplishment for most, but let's not forget who this is....I showed up at work in a swimsuit! I DO NOT work for walmart, ie walmartpeople.com, I work at a Fitness facility, and I repeat, I showed up in a swimsuit~
There are a few things I learned about myself today-
I can keep moving and keep my heart rate up for an hour,
I can find a "zone" while exercising, meaning I actually enjoy myself and lose track of time.
Cycle races are addicting...they were showing some race from Italy in the spin room and I may have a new crush...Some guy named Falco, very cute!
No one else cares what I look like in a swim suit!
My darling husband got up at 7 am on a Saturday...just to cheer me on!
I am woman, I am loved, I am tired!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Ironwoman.....NOT!
Posted by Harlene at Saturday, March 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are so cool! What an accomplishment! Congratulations. Do you think there will be another event in your future? Proud of you!
Where would I find this "zone" that you speak of?
CONGRATS TO YOU! And really? NOBODY cared you were in a swimsuit? NOBODY?! I can't imagine. I envy you!
Good for you Girl!!!
If we would have known of this event, we would have been there to cheer you on, too!
Really something to be proud about!
SSOOOOO proud of you! And a teensy bit jealous...no, I just want to be more like you, but then what's new?
i need more details on this "zone" thing. i get so bored and can't keep my eyes off the clock when i am doing any form of exercise.
i am so proud of you! good job, my friend!
Post a Comment