Today, I woke up and just laid there. My husband asked who was going to school. That shouldn't be a question, but Geoff has Strep and the other had sympathy symptoms. Geoff is staying home I said. But I don't want to entertain him again today. I have so much to catch up on. I guess I could take him to do something mellow. Or get some art supplies. The Hunk, responded, "Why don't you make staying home from school not so much fun? Maybe they wouldn't want to stay home so often?"
That's why I married him, HE IS BRILLIANT!
I shouldn't come to these types of realizations so late in parenting career. I just always feel like if they aren't feeling well they need to be waited on and cared for. Which can be true, but he has strep, and is only staying home because the antibiotics havent' kicked in yet. So, I have gone on with my life today. I ran some errands, and had Geoff read to Dieter outside in the hammock for awhile.
Funny how, maternal instinct almost always prompts us to do too much for our kids, to intervene, when maybe we shouldn't.
I wouldn't say Geoff isn't going to want to stay home. He is downstairs watching Ace Ventura whilst I type, but I thwarted the urge to go watch it with him. And maybe play a game of chess or stratego.
Except, now I regret it. I have two babies out in the world and I want to take advantage of every opportunity to indulge while the others are home.
And to the Mom at Target in Domestics...hang up your cell phone and pay attention to your kids! Holy crap!
And to the Mom in Target by the Halloween stuff, bless you! We've all been there and none of my kids act that way anymore. Almost never!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Journal entry No 1
Posted by Harlene at Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment