Monday, August 17, 2009

One day at a time, but who's counting...

So, I gave up Diet Coke...again.
For 8 days so far.
I'm over the worst of it, but not experiencing the super human health and strength promised
by Dr Oz, Oprah, the judgmental neighbors and personal trainers at work.
I havn't even lost a ton of weight!

In fact the only difference is that I can say,
"Hey, I haven't even thought about Diet Coke yet today."

Wait, that counts as thinking of Diet Coke doesn't it?

So why did I do this again?
Because this time it bugged me that I wanted it all the time.
I don't like being told what to do,
especially by a gas station.

The problem is,
I also don't like being in charge.
Quite the conundrum.
I am now "in charge" at work.
And still "in charge" at home.
Mind you "in charge" does most certainly NOT mean
"in CONTROL".
Apparently it means
"It is yours to clean up!"
But where to find the energy or the will to "clean up" without my Diet Coke?

Did I mention I quit Diet Coke?
And that I'm over the worst of it?
I don't even think about it everyday anymore....

I don't think about my life with Diet Coke,
I just spend time thinking about my life withOUT Diet Coke.




5 comments:

Deb said...

i am going through the exact same thing with ice cream. sadly, i have not made as much progress as you have. ; )

Hailey said...

I LOVED this post. I went thru the exact same thing quite a while back ago. The only difference I could tell was a little less bloating. I finally decided I could live with the bloating. The Diet Coke (or Coke Zero, actually) is definitely in control. Keep us posted. Maybe you will have something magical happen and inspire me to try again.

Kim said...

Harly Harly. I used to drink three 44oz Diet cokes a day...when I was in america. Now I have like 20 oz a week. And it's been two months...and I can SO tell a difference. So..just hold on and keep going! You're even better than me...I can't go cold turkey!

Rhonda said...

yah, im not sure if there really is a difference and I did hear dr oz tell me there is.

ANyway, someone in my house thought it'd be a good idea to get caff-free pepsi instead of caff-free diet coke. (it was on sale, like that matters!!!!) GRRRRRR so yah, I did make a change by drinking a diff kind. Maybe it'll be easier to quit now. lol

hang inm there!

Sheri Willardson said...

Good for you! Keep it up!!