Tuesday, January 26, 2010

hanging....

Yes, I am still on a quest for fitness and energy. Have almost completely forgotten about soda, no I even quit my Crystal Light. I decided color and artificial sweetener are probably bad all the way around, so yeah, my options are decreasing daily. Water, lots of water. I have also managed to work out at least 3 times a week. My first choice is cardio outside, but that is currently NOT an option for a wimp like me, so I am loving Yoga! I NEVER regret making the effort and getting through the class. I love how I "feel" mentally, the problem is this chronic pain. I am actually going to a Dr in the am to try again to get to the source. I understand that I will have pain as I strengthen and realign my body, the problem is this isn't that kind of pain. This is can't move or the knife in my back stops the rest of me from being able to move, as well as, a stiffening in my joints that simply doesn't allow me to move. And an all over malaise I get 24 hours after exercise. I think I'm rambling now, because rambling causes NO pain. I could talk and talk, you get it.

So my diet has improved tremendously without my soda, because I don't really have a sweet tooth or any appetite for fast food. Can you really eat french fries without diet coke? Me neither. The downside is I need so much ibuprofen and tylenol I will have the liver of a drunk by March.

Since I'm rambling, and it is now turning into ranting, Does anyway else thinks "Eternity" sounds exhausting? Sometimes, not very often, but sometimes I wish this life was it. That once you die, your are really dead, as in left alone with no responsibilities and no one to take care of!!!!

I am now going to bed, or rather, I am going to my room to decide if I am going to fold the laundry there or throw it on the floor....again, and plan to fold it tomorrow!

5 comments:

Deb said...

are you kidding me? the rest of this day seems exhausting, much less eternity. but maybe in heaven we don't have to pack lunches or exercise. one can only hope.

i keep telling you this, but i am proud of you for being so motivated. i love yoga, too ,but it has been so long since i have been in the gym, i am dreading the "reunion" with the instructors, other gym-goers, etc, especially since i am 10 lbs UP!

hope the dr. can figure out a way to get your pain under control once and for all! unless that means euthanasia!

Beckstrand7 said...

But in eternity you won't have any pain, you can eat all the chocolate you want and never gain an ounce, and your kids will be independent! I'm all for that!

Way to go with the diet and exercising - wish I were doing it with you. Good luck at the dr's...

Rhonda said...

throw it on the floor. Do it later. It took me 3 days to get mine folded!

But, seriously-no I'm looking forward to heaven. It's PARADISE ya know, and as much as I believe we will have work there. It's all REWARDING work, and we won't have the worldy stresses we have here. Some days I'm jealous of the dead. lol

Karen said...

If my baby would just sleep through the night I think I would have found heaven on earth! at least part of it.
put your laundry in a basket in the closet. Then it will be closer to the source.

nevadanista said...

That's fantastic and inspiring (as I sit here with diet pepsi in hand).