Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Re-Post

I'm having a hard time getting in the mood for Christmas.
Not the true meaning of Christmas, just all the other stuff
that seems like extra work this year.
In an attempt to "de-grinch" myself I am re-reading and therefore re-posting some of my thoughts from last year.
If you've been reading my blog that long,
this is old news.
I do have some great new friends I though may need a "de-grinching"
or uplift, if you will, themselves.

Here's to 'the most wonderful time of the year'





5 comments:

Deb said...

i LOVE it. thank you for reposting that. and look! i'm here! i woke up this morning and this post was sitting in my blog updates. i think i'm in!

jendoop said...

Thank you, it was new to me. The deserving part of it reminded me of a conversation I had once.

We were actually having a RS presidency meeting (I was a counselor). We were trying to make a decision and I piped up with, "The sisters will say it's not fair!" Little did I know the wrath the RS president felt for the phrase, "It's not fair!"

She went on to explain to me that none of us really want what is "fair". Fair would be buying her son the exact same underwear she buys for her daughter. Fair would be each and every one of us getting what we deserve, which is not the everlasting mercy and grace of God, including the atonement.

Erin said...

I love how you said your kids didn't deserve it, and then realize that's the point.

Thanks for that repost!

Devon said...

I'm too being kinda grinch like this year, yes, I needed you to repost this for me! Merry Christmas

Karen said...

As I have never read your older post I am so glad you re-posted! It was more than touching, it was uplifting and loving. Thanks. :`)