Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Someone's on the naughty list...

Dear Jen,

I am very sorry I ate most of the treats Harlene has been baking. I am told some of them were going to you, and Allie. I didn't know. I have asked Harlene for her forgiveness, you see, I only ate 78 of the 100 lemon dream cups she made. I even took care to do it before she finished filing and glazing them. I didn't actually eat any of the fudge, I just drooled on it. I tried to tell Harlene she could give them out to my friends, who aren't so picky but she was still upset. I tried to go to Chris for comfort but apparently the green stringy toy I found was actually a scarf he was working on. How was I supposed to know? After a few minutes in time out, I have been told I'm grounded. I didn't know what grounded meant but everyone else said to ask Chandler, he's been grounded for years. No more play dates with my pals Squishy or Tahoe, for me. You see, the last time I went to Squishy's house, I figured out how to open the doors to her house, why should we stay in the yard anyway? Tabitha didn't want me on her counters either, so they tried to put me in the side yard, but I showed Squishy how to unlatch the gate. She's a chow chow and so she needed a little help. Harlene says if I promise to be good and stay so dang cute, Santa will still bring me something, maybe a pork chop, or some more of those enchiladas I pulled off the counter the other night.

So, Jen, can you give a pup a break?
Maybe ask Harlene to let me go out and play with my pals, in the spirit of Christmas and all.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Tell me again why you invited this destructive creature into your home??

(You know I'm kidding. I can tell he's perfected the look that just melts your heart.)

Jen said...

Dieter,

You actually did me a favor by giving me, and whoever was going to receive the lemon dream cups, a jump start on our New Year's Resolutions.

Allie has been trying to teach me the value of seeing things through a dog's perspective. I appreciate you trying to broaden Squishy's horizons by showing her there's a whole world out there waiting to be explored. You know what they said: Take a dog for a walk and she'll see the world for a day. Teach her how to unlatch the gate, and she'll see the world any time she wants.

All is forgiven on my end, so I'm sure Santa will bring you that yummy pork chop. (And whatever else on the counter top that's within reach.)

As far as Harlene is concerned, just give her your best puppy-eyed sad face and she'll forgive you, too.

Deb said...

Dear Dieter,
You had better shape up or you will be sent to go "live on a farm" with two little rascals I happen to know personally.
Sincerely,
Deb, owner of 2 repeat offenders

nevadanista said...

Thanks Dieter, you're a constant reminder of why we don't want a dog in our house. Don't be offended though, I love seeing your sweet face on Harlene's blog :)

simply kris said...

Oh Dieter. I will not be adding your kind to our fam any time soon. However, I would give you a big ol' holiday hug if we met face to face. I'd even let you kiss me. You are very charming.

stephanie howard said...

Dear Dieter,
Whenever I think I want a dog I check out your latest work and remind myself just why we don't own a dog:-p All I can say is it is a good thing you have a very cute face, and extremly kind, loving, and patient owners!

James said...

Dieter's just a big, fluffy, polar bear, that hunts for snacks,and then asks for your forgivness. I think we should get some Deiter proof locks for the doors, so that the next time Dieter comes over to play with Squishy, he can't open any doors or gates.