Monday, November 12, 2007

And the winner is...


Chris Beckstrand!
Over the weekend Chris received this award for BSing better than 87 other teenagers at a regional debate tournament. Now, that is an accomplishment. These are well seasoned teens, all looking forward to careers as politicians, defense attorney's, or maybe like Chris, they want to try their hand at becoming a Big Tobacco Lobbyist. (I think he's kidding.)

I am actually quite proud of him. He put in a lot of preparation and hard work.

WAY TO GO SWEETIE!

6 comments:

Jen said...

WOW Christopher, Congratulations!! What an accomplishment, and to be able to out-argue 87 other teens, too! (No wonder your mom is such a fast thinker on her feet!)

You should feel very proud of yourself - that's great.

(Why don't you come to Reno and go head-to-head with Brother Martin? We could sell tickets to that debate!)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations, but you still can't out BS the master.

Anonymous said...

You certainly didn't get that talent from me. From your G'Ma, maybe; obviously from your parents. I wish I could have listened.

Anonymous said...

Bro Martin,

Don't even go there. I might take it as a challenge.

Carolyn said...

Debating is a real talent, especially when one can do it with class. Congratulations Chris. I would never be able to do that. I would rather hide in a box and cover my head than debate in front of people.