What a great day we had. Geoffrey was baptized yesterday. The last of our crew to hit this milestone. It is so easy to to dismiss what an important step this is when it is a child. Those of you who have experienced it with your own children know how aware of what they are doing they really are. Geoffrey has a testimony of His Savior. He can articulate his feelings about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and is sensitive to the Spirit in his life. I am so lucky and blessed to be his mom.
We were all so blessed to have so many family and friends join us for the day. Geoffrey noticed it too. He commented on how many people must love him to get dressed in church clothes when it's not even a Sunday.
The day was made more memorable by attending a neighborhood tailgate party for the "Holy War" after our own luncheon. We "Utes" are licking our wounds, but remember it's only a game.(especially when you lose, right!) Seth won some movie tickets for being a rabid Utah fan, and Geoffrey got a tooth knocked out in the mosh pit they called a pick-up football game at the party.
My heart is full, and for this weekend, I can find joy in my posterity.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
A Best Day Ever!
Posted by Harlene at Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations Geoffrey!!! It looks like you had a happy day. There are a lot of people here in Reno who would have loved to put on their Sunday clothes on Saturday to go to your baptism. (Even Allie if Dan would let her)
Sorry about the game - it was a close one. Wait...tooth knocked out? I hope it was a baby tooth. You guys get rowdy up there in Utah!
I love that you just nonchalantly mention a tooth being knocked out.
Congratulations and the baptism. That's a very special day! I'm glad he felt the love.
Geffory!!! I am so excided! Now you are officially a member of the Chruch!!! Congrats!
Sweet moments! As for the game, are you feeling blue? Cause I am sure I can send you some T.L.C. Hee, hee, Mickey was so happy BYU won. Stephanie
Post a Comment