Thursday, February 12, 2009

I don't like to fold laundry.
Actually if given the right circumstances, I do like to fold laundry.
In fact I'm kind of particular about how my laundry is folded.
If your going to fold it, fold it so it doesn't have to be ironed.
I'm also a multi-tasker.
Always looking for the most efficient way to be getting several things done at once.
There is nothing good on TV during the day.
Which brings me back to laundry.
The huge pile of laundry in my living room that I can't seem to bring myself to fold because I have this hang up abut loving to watch a movie or several episodes of some reality tv show while folding laundry,
remember, I'm a multi-tasker.

You can imagine my joy at discovering "Never Cry Wolf" was on the classic movie channel yesterday.
I LOVE movies like this, someone takes off ON THEIR OWN,
as in BY THEMSELVES,
to somewhere exotic, and is LEFT ALONE for long periods of time.
Out of Africa, Gorillas in the Mist, you get the idea.
These stories are also my favorite kind of books.

As I was saying, the 12 loads of laundry needed to be folded.
Now I can only fold laundry in a clean room.
So I needed to clean my room, and make my bed.
I also have a thing about clean sheets.
I love clean sheets and bedding, so much so, that I have been known to change out my bedding like a hotel, daily.
So the sheets are changed, the room is vacuumed,
I have my diet coke and munchies, you can't fold laundry with out the right snacks,
and I'm finally ready to begin.

I've never seen this movie before,
but I love dogs, and like I said,
people off by themselves.
I'm totally engrossed in the story.
I make my kids all come hang with me and watch.
Then comes the dirty trick.

MICE!

Hundreds of Thousands of them.
Not in my room, on the TV!!! With explorer wolf man.

I screamed and screamed and screamed!
My other kids came running,
Dieter came running.
Annie pushed a pillow over my face so I couldn't see,
trying to calm me with, "They are only on the TV, Mom!"

I am actually a little hoarse today,
and the laundry never got folded,
because the whole thing was so traumatic I watched American Idol and recovered.

8 comments:

nevadanista said...

Hahaha! I didn't know you were so freaked out about mice! I watched a show about rats the other day, while folding laundry, that would have put you through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And guess what? I turned that show on yesterday too when I was going to fold laundry, but kept being distracted by other things. I'd come in the room and the guy would be looking at the wolves through with binoculars. Then the wolves would be playing. Then he was making a strange face and had a camera in his hand I think. It seemed like that's all that happened. I totally missed the mice, and didn't get much laundry done.

Deb said...

i may just have to email you a picture of my living room. laundry everywhere. clean linens wadded up on the chair, socks spread out on the love seat and boy clothes everywhere else. if i don't have the tv on while folding laundry, the laundry doesn't get folded.

Devon said...

Just tell me there where no snakes.....I hate snakes. I have tons of laundry to fold also, but nothing good on tv, so I might have to look for that movie

Carolyn said...

Can we hang out?! My husband and I like this movie too. Our sister get together is the last weekend of May in TN and you are invited!

Becky said...

What a great story! Maybe someday there will be another, less intense, movie on so you can get to your laundry. In the meantime, I'm sure your kids are old enough to find their own clothes in the clean mound.

Rhonda said...

Oh man...I'm RIGHT THERE with you. I've been known to have nightmares that mice are invading my house and are the size of RABBITS! Yah...get that one outta yer head now.

sorry. lol

James said...

Tat was kind of funny!LOL

Karen said...

Laundry is Supposed to be dull, not surrounded by screams and suffocating pillows! But then, who am I talking to?