Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How To Annoy Your Kids Without Even Trying!

OR..



It's the name of a new musical I have rolling around in my head. Actually my kids nominated my Hunky Hubby and myself for the Nobel Prize for ruining a long weekend. This was a VERY long weekend indeed.

I mentioned the Alpaca Show, which was a hit for those in attendance. I don't believe I mentioned the cleaning seminars we ran all day on Monday. Maybe you were stuck enjoying a family BBQ, chowing down on yummy food and playing outside, I'm sorry. We should have thought to do a podcast of "How to clean a kitchen" or "Would you eat of this bathroom floor?". Some of the issues resolved were, "To soak or not to soak the pots and pans", "Washcloths or Paper Towels", and my personal favorite, "Apparently, Yes, the baseboards are part of cleaning the toilet!"

"Work? On a day off?" cried one persecuted child. "Unlike You and Dad, I have a life!" sighed one very cool teen. Another chimed in, "My friends are expecting me...you don't want me to be a flake do you?"

Good Times!

Never mind the "plans" the older boys had at the mall, "plans" being the code word for "date, but I don't want to deal with Mom's questions about her", or the younger kids wanting to head to the skate park. Once we announced the agenda for the day, "Cheers of joy" could be heard throughout the land. The kitchen seminar only took 3 1/2 hours. My husband is a professional at giving seminars and remember.

By the time we got to "Magic erasers are our friends!", our kids were actually begging us to let them just go clean their rooms.

Just wait until we unveil our plans for Labor Day!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Good Times!

Becky said...

If it makes them feel better, you can tell your kids that we'd be happy to have them come over and pull out stumps with their cousins. (Actually, we did do the picnic thing yesterday, but Wayne said he'd rather be doing yard work - silly man!)

Beckstrand7 said...

Way to go, Mom & Dad! Their spouses-to-be will appreciate the fruits of your labors! (And your kids might just secretly enjoy the clean-ness of your house this week too! You will, for sure!) My house is next...:)

Karyn said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to clean for me. After all the poo, pee, and vomit they owe us!! I am allready planning my revenge.