
Look at my baby. He's 2 1/2 months old now, and as you can see, thriving! I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to coddle him like a baby. BTW, promise you will ignore the AWFUL photo of me in my jammies?, Thank you.
Dieter is a delight. He loves to chase water bottles around on our wood floors and yesterday the boys taught him to skateboard. His favorite toy is his stuffed giraffe "Melman". His favorite songs are the Beatles, of course, as this is what Seth sings him to sleep with every night. His walks have become the highlight of his day, if only he didn't want to go so early. We've even gone a couple of days with no accidents in the house. He's figured out which cupboard I keep the treats in and sits there barking at it when he can't get it open with his paws. In fact, the little guy barks at us when we are eating trying to get us to share. Spoiled you say?, not my Dieter. Just kidding, the honeymoon phase of just spoiling him is over in some respects. Lot's of boundaries and training now.
We go to the vet today for a check up, weigh in, shots, and well, to make "that" appt. My boys have asked me not to stop using the words neuter, snipped, altered, etc.
In researching "that" procedure I learned a few things,
"Adolescence is the same for dogs as it is for humans. Adolescence means you have a fully grown dog (insert name of teen child here) with raging hormones if it hasn't been neutered (that's what I forgot to do with the boys!), and a will for displaying independence."
Aha, this explains a lot.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Puppy Love Continues...
Posted by Harlene at Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh my gosh, this is the cutest stinking dog ever! I can see why you are so in love with him. By the way I think your cute in your PJ's.
Post a Comment