Saturday, May 24, 2008

Who knew...



a family could have so much fun at a "National Alpaca Show"? That's how we spent our Saturday. These guys are a kick to hangout with and are incredibly interested in everything you have to say. We attended an Alpaca handling class, did some incredible people watching, and learned all about a subculture we weren't aware of before.

**This post is not a joke. I really did get my kids to go with me and they really did know where we were going!**

5 comments:

nickel... said...

So do most Alpaca's suffer the uni-brow affliction or just this lucky one? I ask because you are the leading alpaca expert in my world!

OK and HOW did this come about? First of all how did you FIND out about said convention? Then what part of your brain says "Hey lets get the fam together and go check this out?" (this part of your brain by the way also makes you one of the COOLEST people I know)

Jen said...

Maybe it's just me, but I swear I've seen that exact face on humans.....

I was thinking the same thing as Cathy. Are you a Alpaca stocker as well as a big breed dog stocker?

Never a dull moment in the life of a Beckstrand!

stephanie howard said...

Well I can honestly say, I have never heard of an Alpaca. I am sure it was very educational!

Carolyn said...

Alright, are you getting one of these and joining that subculture you mentioned?

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention your own true love Dieter was born and raised with Alpaca's. Look at that face whats not to love. Here is a link to this years cria's.

http://www.mountaintopalpacas.com/iWeb/Site/New%20Crias.html