Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm a little preoccupied right now...



As you can imagine, Dieter and I are trying to get to know each other. Even with a relationship that was love at first sight, there is an adjustment period of learning to speak each others "love language". He seems to have his inside and outside mixed up. Somehow I have given him the impression that I like him leaving his mark in the house, and napping whenever we try and go for a walk. I use the term "walk" lightly as they look more like a "drag" or a "beg" on my part.

Dieter seems to be thriving...he's gained 8 pounds in his first 10 days with us. At nine weeks old he's 28 pounds! (pics coming soon!) Hunky Hubby is convinced he's brilliant and gifted, already understanding many commands. Those of us who spend all day with him aren't convinced, but we won't tell. Nights are going better. He is an early riser though, and with Hunky Hubby out of town, we could have some major setbacks. I am told my neighbors are enjoying the morning show of Dieter and I in my jammies bright and early every morning. They even mentioned which jammies they like best at church on Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday, Mother's Day was wonderful. I had the oppurtunity to speak in Relief Society, an honor I forgot about, and we enjoyed having family over for dinner.

My Stepmom, Judy, was with us for the weekend. We had a fabuous time. She certainly deserves her own post so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

He sounds like he's growing fast! I look forward to the pics. The quotes from around your house are always so funny!

Jen said...

Did you ever decide what type of bed to buy for Dieter? He looks more like a big pillow type of guy.

I'm excited about the updated pics, too!

stephanie howard said...

Love it! Do you feel like you have a new baby at your home? Yep, that would be one of the reasons I keep saying no! No animals for me, not at this moment of my life.