
If it is going to be cold outside...why couldn't I be here?
I have a dream to go to Scotland. I would really like to be somewhere warm, but in Scotland I imagine it to be quiet, with lots of pleasant people taking their time getting everywhere.
I could eat lots of "chips" (french fries), and not feel like I should be eating healthy, ahve you ever seen a vegetable in "Braveheart"?
None of the castles or guest houses have gyms. My work out would be a hike through the Highlands with my husband. We'd eat shortbread and play with the dogs of our kind "Laird". I might even try fly fishing for fun.
On one of our hikes we would come across a lone Stag, and lots of other beautiful wildlife. Chris and I would get lost in a castle, and have to spend the night. the fireplaces would be 8 ft tall and just as wide.
While others might read "Macbeth", I would read "The Highland Novels" which the BBC show, Monarch of the Glen,(one of my favorites) was based.
We'd watch the Northern Lights and have lots of crab. I spend days finding kilts for my kids and the perfect sweater for me. I may even develop an ear for bagpipes.
The best thing about Scotland may be that no where am I expected to be seen in a swim suit!
Friday, February 1, 2008
Wanderlust...
Posted by Harlene at Friday, February 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you've thought this through a little bit. Hearing about your vision makes ME want to go to Scotland.
Is the castle going to have mysterious suits of armor that seem to change positions when you walk by? And is the castle going to be haunted by some love-torn mistress?
P.S. Just noticed the quotes on the sidebar......brought a big smile to my face!
As long as those meddling kids don't get in the way!
Post a Comment