Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We had a great camping trip to the beach planned for this weekend. Certain teens didn't get the time off work, other un-named children have play practice (which mom forgot to get them excused from), and another one of the pack decided to enlist in the military. (more on this one later) So for some rather compelling and practical reasons we have decided to do a "staycation" here in Salt Lake. Problem is, no one is very excited about it. I had another hike planned, but you may recall from earlier in the summer how enthusiastic my crew is about a"another hike". I'm thinking about some simple stuff we never get around to, like the driving range, maybe some seasonal things like a corn maze, but I'm looking for your input.

What great memories can you help us create? What about a great place to take the kids to eat? I'm also thinking about The Body exhibit in town right now. Remember our youngest is 9, so we need to make it worth our teens time to hang with us. Also the weather is supposed to be beautiful so outdoors is definitely an option.

I have been warned that "honey do's" and cleaning are NOT an option.

7 comments:

Devon said...

ENLIST? that is all I saw and couldn't read any more! That one is definately not allowed to just squeeze in the middle, you politician you! I think Mt. Timpanogas is a great day trip! The hike up is ridiculous, but the caves make it worth the time! Enjoy.

Kristina P. said...

Is Park City out of the question?

Jen said...

Cathy saw the body exhibit when it was in Vegas, and said it was interesting.

How about a Tiwana night. You could make mexican food and dance the hat dance with a sombrero.

So.....back to the enlisting thing......?!

Becky said...

Michelle's suggestion is to visit Temple Square.

Carolyn said...

Yeah, please don't leave us all hanging with your child elisting!!!!!!!!!!

nevadanista said...

Enlisted? Need details...

I don't know the area well enough, but Park City sounds like a winner.

Karen said...

How about you go to a hot springs? Here's a list of them in UT.
http://www.hotspringsenthusiast.com/Utah.asp
Susan said something about THE COAST GUARD! WOW! I love it. There is a big Coast Guard training station in Long Beach WA. It's only 3 1/2 hours away and close to family. If he gets sent there he'd be in my Brother-in-laws branch. (he's also the Branch Pres.) Pray him there. :)