Friday-
Contrite teen is honest about crashing the car.
Date with Hunky Hubby, Sushi with friends.
Have absolutely no recollection of anything else that day.
Saturday-
8:00 am Football game for Geoffrey, what's with that?
9:00 am Play practice for Annie
10:00 Chandler to High School for Drum line competition
10:00 Listen to general conference for our Church
Reupholster my living room ottoman.
Hunky Hubby tries to build contraption to keep Dieter contained.
11:00 pick up Annie from play practice
11:00 drop off Geoffrey at play practice
Attempt to wake other teens and unaccounted for children.
Laugh at the contrite teens' "ghetto fix" on the van.
12:00 Annie to her Volleyball game
1:00 pick up Geoffrey from play practice
2:00 Try to catch some more of general conference
Make a supply run to Costco, as I have been a major grocery slacker of late.
Guys to Priesthood, plan to do something fun with the younger kids, but instead we watch
lame tv and clean my room. Notice our house in a Disney Channel movie. Really!
Start homemade cinnamon rolls for Sunday am.
Decide I am going to FINISH laundry and watch
"Tristan and Isolde", actually a really good movie, I'd never heard of before.
DO not FINISH laundry, fall asleep instead.
My little drummer boy wakes me up to tell me he got 1st place in his competition.
Sunday-
(this can't still be interesting to anyone else)
Actually get up early, get cinnamon rolls in the oven.
Shower and dress to greet my family for conference.
Forget I put the cinnamon rolls in oven while I'm blow drying my hair.
Family wakes to the smell of burning cinnamon rolls.
Clean the family room while I watch general conference because I can't get anything out of it in a messy room.
Start dinner, feed the family lunch.
Twist my ankle running away from Hunky Hubby, who was trying to turn off my Christmas music.
Very grateful to Hunky Hubby who finishes preparing dinner.
Enjoy the company of Jenni's family while watching afternoon session.
Police the secret word game we play every general conference.
Welcome the missionaries for dinner.
Eat way too much brisket, cheesy potatoes, and pumpkin pie.
Good conversation and family prayer.
So much to be thankful for.
Contrite teen is honest about crashing the car.
Date with Hunky Hubby, Sushi with friends.
Have absolutely no recollection of anything else that day.
Saturday-
8:00 am Football game for Geoffrey, what's with that?
9:00 am Play practice for Annie
10:00 Chandler to High School for Drum line competition
10:00 Listen to general conference for our Church
Reupholster my living room ottoman.
Hunky Hubby tries to build contraption to keep Dieter contained.
11:00 pick up Annie from play practice
11:00 drop off Geoffrey at play practice
Attempt to wake other teens and unaccounted for children.
Laugh at the contrite teens' "ghetto fix" on the van.
12:00 Annie to her Volleyball game
1:00 pick up Geoffrey from play practice
2:00 Try to catch some more of general conference
Make a supply run to Costco, as I have been a major grocery slacker of late.
Guys to Priesthood, plan to do something fun with the younger kids, but instead we watch
lame tv and clean my room. Notice our house in a Disney Channel movie. Really!
Start homemade cinnamon rolls for Sunday am.
Decide I am going to FINISH laundry and watch
"Tristan and Isolde", actually a really good movie, I'd never heard of before.
DO not FINISH laundry, fall asleep instead.
My little drummer boy wakes me up to tell me he got 1st place in his competition.
Sunday-
(this can't still be interesting to anyone else)
Actually get up early, get cinnamon rolls in the oven.
Shower and dress to greet my family for conference.
Forget I put the cinnamon rolls in oven while I'm blow drying my hair.
Family wakes to the smell of burning cinnamon rolls.
Clean the family room while I watch general conference because I can't get anything out of it in a messy room.
Start dinner, feed the family lunch.
Twist my ankle running away from Hunky Hubby, who was trying to turn off my Christmas music.
Very grateful to Hunky Hubby who finishes preparing dinner.
Enjoy the company of Jenni's family while watching afternoon session.
Police the secret word game we play every general conference.
Welcome the missionaries for dinner.
Eat way too much brisket, cheesy potatoes, and pumpkin pie.
Good conversation and family prayer.
So much to be thankful for.

5 comments:
Man, I've been missing out on this whole cinammon roll/Conference thing. Yours is the third blog I've seen about this.
Sounds like a typical weekend with teenagers!
I just want to come and hang out on your couch for a weekend and watch all the action.
Sorry about the van.....and the cinnamon rolls......
Sounds like my kind of weekend! We also had friends come and watch conference with us, what a great way to spend the day!
What's the secret word game?
Hope your ankle is alright.
I intend to finish my laundry today - it's the goal I fail to achieve everyday of my life.
Post a Comment