
I am having one of those days where I am spending all my energy restraining myself and daydreaming. If I could have only one superpower, today, I would like the power to strike people dumb! Dumb in the biblical sense, you know, unable to speak. Not dumb in a modern way, apparently I have mastered that power. I am surrounded by them. But if only while we are running errands, getting chores done or basically spending any amount of time together, if I could just point and strike them dumb or down. Maybe that power would be even better, to have fingers that functioned like a tazer gun,ha ha ha, okay my black evil heart is coming out now. What Mother of boys hasn't daydreamed about stuff like this. My favorite of my daydreams is the one where my teens cellphones have a stungun feature. Whenever I dial 311 or something it stuns them into submission. I am on a roll, how about a truth serum disguised as an energy drink. Teens wouldn't know what hit them. Now were talking. Okay this blog will serve as my patent. You are all my witnesses. What superpower would you want? Even if just for today.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Daydreams
Posted by Harlene at Saturday, October 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sometimes I have day dreams were I pause thigs(like time) and mess them up. And then I will go back were I started and pretend I don't know anyting that happened. Funny? Yeah... I happen to get that in shcool ALOT!!!!!
I cannot tell you how much I enjoy your sense of humor! For my super power I would like the ability to read minds. So when I ask "How was school today," and the reply is "Fine," I'll be able to know what exactly that all entails. Works the same for "Is your homework done," "Where are you going & who will you be with," "What happened here,".....you get the idea. I guess it works a lot like your truth serium, but since you've patented that I'll stick to the mind reading.
Ha, ha, ha! I love your black evil heart. Especially the cell phone stun gun. Now I don't have super powers, but I have found that taking the cell phone away (for even 1 hour) almost brings my teenagers to their knees agreeing to most anything. That is pretty powerful, huh? What superpower would my black evil heart wish for? How about an obedience spell? Blink both eyes and they do everything exactly as you command: clean your bathroom spotless, including the tub. Or, be kind to your siblings, respectful to your parents, and always choose the right. Or even: you must tell me the complete TRUTHFUL story. Now I get my cut from that patent, right?
Let me know when you think you will be in town (St. George). Luch would be superfun! Maybe even superpowerfun. If you want to email me directly, get the email address from Jen.
Oooo, you guys have great superpowers! I need one not for my children today, but more so for the husband. My superpower is to snap my fingers and my husband is now my man-power-slave. "Snap" and he whips through the laundry, dishes, bathrooms, etc. and then don't stop there... another "snap" and my dinner's made, kids put to bed, and my feet rubbed. The whole time I will be right here, on my computer, blogging.
I'm still looking for the "off switch" for kids, but I'll settle for the tazer-gun-fingers and Jill's obedience spell!
Post a Comment