
I can not think of another thing to make for dinner! After 19 years I have officially burnt out. I'm hoping all my peeps out there will come to my rescue. I know there are plenty of blogs and websites out there to help, but I want to hear from you guys.
Here's the drill...each of you give me 3 ideas of what to make for dinner, please. Hopefully that will give me enough to make a menu for the next few weeks. You don't have to be terribly creative, as what you guys eat all the time, may be something we haven't had for years. I just ask for no suggestions of pizza or spaghetti and nothing too expensive or complicated, it is me you're talking too.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Calling in some reinforcements...
Posted by Harlene at Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
This is the best pasta ever!
Cook up some bacon (couple pieces per person). While the bacon is cooking, cut-up some shallots.
When the bacon is finished cooking drain most of the grease out of the pan but keep a good amount - add the shallots to the bacon grease and cook.
In the meantime, boil some water for the pasta - I use fresh b/c it's faster but whatever works.
Once the shallots are cooked, add 1 c half and half to the pan and about half a bag of frozen peas. Let the sauce come to a boil.
Add the sauce to the cooked and drained pasta. Mix it all together.
Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top of the pasta.
Enjoy!
Okay, today's plan was to have beef stew, but I didn't start early enough to put it in the crockpot, and then I ran out of time before having to leave for a funeral. So, we'll try again tomorrow. Instead the kids were told to eat leftover twice-baked potatoes from yesterday and heat up some chicken nuggets from the freezer. Wayne decided to add the chicken to his salad and it looks pretty good!
Michelle wants manicotti someday soon. Also on this week's menu is hamburger stroganoff over noodles, chicken stir fry over rice, burritoes and tater tot casserole. Hopefully that will give you some ideas you can use!
This is my sister's recipe for Anniversary Chicken. A family favorite...
I don't have exact measurements anymore because it really doesn't matter!
(how ever many you need) Brown chicken breasts on both sides, doesn't need to be cooked through, just browned.
Place chicken in casserole dish.
Dump a whole lot of Teriyaki sauce on top, then a whole lot of Ranch Dressing too.
Next sprinkle diced green onions, cooked bacon (I just use the Real Bacon Bits) and shredded cheddar.
Bake at 350 for 30 min. or until chicken is cooked.
We always eat this with rice, so as to make the most of all the yummy sauce!
I learned this quick dish in college, but my family likes it, and I make it with left over rice...
in each bowl mix
rice,
corn (from the can)
salsa
cheese
micro for a few seconds
I like pepper and sour cream to top it off.
Ghetto fabulous!
I'll have to tell Jill to give you her recipe for crock pot taco salad. That's a good one too.
Here's Jill's recipe for Taco Soup you make in the crockpot that Carolyn was talking about:
1 can chili beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can diced green chili
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 lb of hamburger
Cook the hamburger then put everything into the crockpot (don't even have to drain the beans - just open the cans and dump it all in) Cook on low for several hours, then serve topped with cheese or sour cream or Tabasco or whatever. I love this recipe because it's super easy and tastes great. Plus I love anything you can put in the crockpot. P.S. You can substitute the beans for whatever kind you have around.
Carolyn gave me a great chicken pot pie recipe which is super easy, too. (We're into fast and easy)
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cu into bite size
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery
16 oz. bag of mixed vegetables
1 Pillsbury pie crust dough
Cook and cut the chicken. Mix everything together with some salt and pepper. Put it in the pie crust and put on the top layer of crust. Pinch ends together and cut four slits in the top to vent. Bake at 350 for one hour. (This is one of Dan's favorites)
I was just starting to make my chicken pot pie for dinner tonight and thought, hmmmm, I should tell Harlene about his dinner....
Thanks Jen!
Sorry I'm late to the table...My offering is, Miracle lasagne. Use bottled spagetti sauce (with meat), UNcooked noodles, then Moz. cheese, ricotta and parsley together as the cheese layer. Layer like normal in a pan,cover with foil, cook for an hour and put moz. cheese on top AFTER its done and let it melt. Easy fast and scrumptiousness.
Second offering is Chicken Enchiladas. Use canned chicken, sour cream, canned green chiles and cheddar cheese for filling. pour enchilada sauce and cheese over the top and heat through. (You can also use fresh chicken, just fry and chop, ..you did say fast!) Third offering is Zuccini Casserole. Par broil 4-5 cups zucinni slices, put in bottom of pan. Brown grnd beef and onion, mix canned tomatoes into meat mixture and salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the zucinni and top with cheese and bread crumbs. Heat through and enjoy. (This is a recipe I got from Susan, share the joy!)
Okay, you already got Nels' favorite zucchini recipe from my sister, so that counts as one! The other is a seasonal favorite, but we cheat sometimes in the winter and buy the tomatoes.
You boil up some spaghetti noodles. While that's cooking, dice a bunch of tomatoes (as many as you want), and put them in a serving bowl with chopped basil, (use the dried if you don't have fresh), at least half a stick of butter, and lots of salt. When the pasta is al dente, drain and pour over the top of the tomato, herb & butter mixture. Stir gently and serve warm. MMMMMMMMM!
I'm going to have to try some of the recipe's too! I'm in the same boat as you, and thinking of what to cook is horrible to even think about. I want someone just to tell me what to do :)
Post a Comment