Thursday, August 21, 2008

Promise Me...

That someone somewhere has a free pass to heaven for Mothers with this many boys!


I had always wanted a large family, the more the merrier, I say. I wanted boys too. I just had them pictured something more like this...




than this....



and it seems as though every family meeting, meal, shopping trip, hike, or prayer/scriptures inevitably devolves to this...




I'm no quitter mind you, and I have Annie to give me hope, but really, there must be a loophole for the mothers of boys.

8 comments:

Aaron Waite said...

Growing up in a family of 9 kids was AWESOME!! Everyday was like a giant mosh pit.

Seriously, if my mom brought home a box of Lucky Charms, each of us got the biggest bowl we could find, (actually I remember getting mixing bowls), then you'd fill it to overflowing, then pour in some milk, then eat as fast as you could before someone else ate it. You only had one shot at it. One single bowl... and you had to make it count.

Aaron Waite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

What?! Did Boyfriend actually leave a comment? He N-E-V-E-R reads blogs, let alone comment. He doesn't even read my blog unless I bring the computer to him and tell him to!

I can't imagine raising so many kids, and so many boys! But marrying one is crazy too! He still scarfs down all the food he can anytime it enters the house! And he is very possessive of his stuff... I say this is all to how he had to survive growing up.

Not that any of that has to do with your problems! But I sure do love the great stories and posts you come up with because of them!

Becky said...

I have the proof - in a wall-hanging given me years ago that says "There's a special place in heaven for mothers of little boys." And they can't get to be big boys without being little boys first.

Someone sent me the following article when son #3 was born:
"There must be a special place in heaven for mothers of three sons. You certainly can tell them on earth. They're those ladies with amused, bemused faces and an amazing tolerance for disaster - for they have learned that shouting doesn't help.
No other combination of children, not even twins, can create so much chaos or camaraderie. Even the most introspective child will join the team - them against you - and like all good players, they encourage each other to bigger feats of daring.
We recommend the advice of so many successful mothers of three boys. Give them as much outdoor playtime as possible, and indoors, set up two rooms: one for sleeping, with nothing but beds and bureaus, and the other for playing, with much climbing equipment.
You will be frazzled in the early years, but when your boys grow up, we think you'll find yourself perhaps more treasured than most other mothers."

Add a couple more and it just gets even more entertaining! But it's fun, isn't it???

Jen said...

I'm POSITIVE there is a reason why some mothers get more boys. Us other mothers with only a limited supply of kids have to step it up a couple of notches to keep up with you.

You're an amazing mom!

.::still blinking::. said...

Your boys are good kids.

Karen said...

I had six brothers...and mostly I stayed out of their way. One of the best thing you got going for you is Scouts. Get into it, ...delve! Then when they are away for a week for scout camp in the summer you can take a week long nap. My other advice? Duct tape. ;) ...actually it is a great fixer of broken things and fastening tool for many a creation.
Oh and one last thing... A first aid kit.

Hildie said...

Testosterone. The very thought of it send shivers down my spine.