Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Genius or Insanity?

THE PROBLEM-FIRST ATTEMPT AT A SOLUTION,
SECOND ATTEMPT AT A SOLUTION,

A FINAL SOLUTION!



...the back story, you may wonder? Well, we have Dieter,
and Dieter, WHILE INCREDIBLY HANDSOME, is not "lawn friendly". He doesn't understand the finer arts of home maintenance, i.e. a very green lawn. Tired of the "Malcolm in the Middle" landscaping, I decided to take matters in to my own hands.

I know, most of you would simply plant new sod, or seed, but I wanted results-NOW! Off I went to Home Depot to get a can of green spray paint. No, I am not kidding. the problem is they don't offer very many shades of green. I did bring some of my grass, as they are always advertising their super powered color matching abilities, but they don't color match for spray paint. Undaunted, I attempted my own color matching, by getting a few different shades, but poor Hunky Hubby came home to these blue green patches in the lawn.

I am nothing if not persistent, so I had another idea, RIT dye. I put the green dye powder with a bunch of hot water in a spray bottle and set to work. The lawn is a different shade of green, but not nearly as green as MY HANDS or poor ANNIE"S LEGS!. (She got hoodwinked into being my accomplice.) Again, Hunky Hubby, wasn't quite sure what to think.

Disclaimer: Hunky Hubby is not usually around during the week, so I have grown accustomed to "winging it". He had no prior knowledge of my antics! Apparently it is slightly emasculinating to have your wife and daughter outside, sponge painting the grass.

I have now done my research and I am neither crazy nor the only impatient housewife who just wants green grass. I have ordered LawnGreen. Yes, actual lawn dye!

Annie and I are now hoping to find a product that gets dye out of our skin.

Hunky Hubby has asked that I delegate all lawn maintenance decisions to ANYONE else.

9 comments:

Devon said...

What a great laugh on this fine morning! I am going to try that as soon as I get rid of my "mole" problem!

Steven Beckstrand said...

If nothing else, you are good to keep around for the entertainment value.

simply kris said...

I am so glad you stopped by where I am Living Realistically! Sponge painting the yard is right up my alley. I've replanted my weeds into pots because they just grow so well. Please come back and visit me soon. I like your way of thinking!

Beckstrand7 said...

ONLY you! If that would really work, I should probably try it. Ours is SO MUCH WORSE! My future plans include a potted plant garden in front, instead of flower beds, and complete replacement of our sprinkler system and grass...do you think artificial turf would look too tacky?

Jen said...

You have to let us know how the lawn dye works out.

Allie is leaving yellow crop circles all over our backyard, and as endearing as Dan may find them, it is driving me NUTS!

nevadanista said...

Hmmmm, interesting. Let us know the results :D

Karen said...

I see the pricing is just right... Just under the 20 mark which makes you think...hey, I can make this stretch for my whole yard... and when it doesn't and you go back to find that you need the BIG bottle, they zing you with 53.35... and by that time you are truly DESPERATE and willing to dish it out. Someone's thinking.

Karen said...

I see the pricing is just right... Just under the 20 mark which makes you think...hey, I can make this stretch for my whole yard... and when it doesn't and you go back to find that you need the BIG bottle, they zing you with 53.35... and by that time you are truly DESPERATE and willing to dish it out. Someone's thinking.

Jim Elsmore said...

Did that stuff really work?
I have been fighting to keep the yard looking decent, maybe you discovered something there!
Hmmmmm
:-)