My '78 CHE-vette. That one never got old. I kept that car for a few years and literally drove it in to the ground. Really, just outside of Hurricane Utah on I-15, something fell out of the bottom of the engine area and I heard a big "CLUNK". This post is not about that story, although it is a good one. This is the tale of two beautiful and intelligent women just minding their own business, (okay not really, ever). These women were in the education field and spent their days influencing and bettering the lives of young people. One day after work, we worked at Blackford High School in Special Ed, we were walking out to the parking lot. I was shuffling through my purse for my keys. I couldn't find them. I search the classroom, my Step-Mom searched her purse, nothing. "Did I lock them in the car?" "I sure hope not" says my Step-Mom, "I have already maxed out on my AAA calls this year" We walked out to the car, looked in the window, and sure enough the keys were in the ignition. What to do, what to do?
Call my Dad, he has a spare key right? Well, no, he has asked several times for me to get him a spare key, but I never got around to it.
Try to break in? neither of us knew how.
Call AAA and just suck up the fees? Yep, I guess so. So we did and we waited. The very nice tow truck driver arrived and he looked just like a tow truck driver. Do you think they have headshots and auditions for these guys? They seem to need a certain look.
He asked if this was the car...Yes, that's the car duh?
"Are you sure you need me to unlock this car?", he asked again.
What's with this guy? "Yes Sir, THIS CAR.", "Whatever?"
He had the strangest look on his face as he put his hand in through the open window, grabbed the keys out of the ignition, unlocked the drivers side door, handed us the keys, and said "That will be 39 dollars ladies. Are you sure you don't need anything else?"

8 comments:
oh that would be me. I love it! we should be friends.
I'm so glad that I was your inspiration. I would ask if the story was true, but I know you, so I know it is...
Sounds like my husband again! Are you sure you're not related?
Ha, ha, ha, ha. Another great story in the life of Harlene. You should write a memoir
I love your stories. Thanks for the chuckle!
That is too funny. But what a great story you have for eternity!
Love it!
Another story like the stop sign one from Reno.;) Like Jen, I think you need to write up a memoir of all those...wait, you are doing that here on your blog! Love ya!
Sweet ride! It kind of looks like the front window is rolled down in that picture. Seems like an easy enough mistake to make - for blue hair club ladies ;-)
Post a Comment