Sunday, January 27, 2008

AHA!



Every now and then I have a brilliant idea.

Today I had a few:

A ride on vacuum cleaner. (I know, poor me, I shouldn't complain about a big house!)

Instead of dressers or closets, just a washer/dryer( it would have to do both) unit in each of my kids rooms. I would never have to search for, beg for, wash, dry, fold, put away, nag to be put away, yell about the clean folded clothes I keep finding in the laundry ever again. The thing should also have a sensor to automatically start when everyone is running low on undies!

Some kind of microchip that yells "warmer, WARMER, COLDER, HOT, HOT", when I am looking for my keys, the remotes, the mailbox key, or my sunglasses.

How about a scanner on the fridge that kept track of what was being put in and how much of it you bought. Then you reset it to monitor usage and it could even tell what items were put away EMPTY. Then once a week it would email you a list of things you were running low on. It maybe could send emergency updates when something you use daily runs out. Better yet each family member had a user ID, so that poor Chandler could relax, and finally know who left the milk out!

Wouldn't it be cool to have the same technology on your pantry?

When I was a manager at OLD NAVY, I was often over the markdowns. We had several ladies who came in every Thursday am, to check out what we had slashed the prices on. I thought we ought to be able to just email the new markdowns to their cell phones. I guess we can kind of do that now with online shopping, but you get the idea.

I have also been thinking about a radio station or a special download site where all the music had subliminal messages. I would call it "Not your parents music" or something like that. It would have back masking and hypnotic sounds telling teens to finish your homework...don't date till your married...surprise your mom and clean your room...Maybe there could be a sports channel for Husbands with the same idea. The messages could be...Find the hamper...she looks like she's lost weight...you are sexy when you are doing dishes.

I did create my own little luxury this week. I put a basket of towels over the vent in my bathroom. I used to do the same thing with the box of wipes when the kids were babies. Now we have "warmed" towels every morning.

Pipe dreams? Perhaps, but my life has not improved with wall size tv's or credit card size cell phones. These would make my day!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

These are all really great and creative ideas! You are so funny, all the time. I wish my mind was this creative to think like you do!

And I love the picture for this post!

Jen said...

It's so funny, while I'm reading your ideas I'm really wondering why someone hasn't already come up with these things!

The washer/dryer in the kids' rooms though would have to sort the clothes because apparently mine are color blind when it comes to what's a dark and what's a light. Plus it would have to regulate how much detergent was put in and how many clothes were shoved in there. Actually, come to think of it, maybe MY washer/dryer should do that for ME!

Beckstrand7 said...

You always are having Million Dollar ideas...you just need to get them out there in time to reap the benefits! (Like the nail polish remover pen.) I like these ones - esp the variation Jen said of the washer/dryer!

stephanie howard said...

Gosh, I wish I was as smart as you! These are great ideas! You are way to funny, thanks for the thought provoking laugh!