Tuesday, January 29, 2008

At my age...


So I went jeans shopping today!

Yes, that photo above was what was staring at me in the mirror.
(I'm the one on the left)

I pledge to:

No longer eat after 7:30pm

Keep moving and sweating for at least 40 mins 5 days a week

Actually eat during the day.

I know it doesn't make sense to me either, but the doc says my body thinks it is starving and therefore hoarding fat. I explained that there aren't very many calories in diet coke or ibuprofen (my current major food groups). She also said, "When you get to be YOUR age..." Can you believe it?

I don't know if I want to throw up or cry.

To make matters worse, GIRL SCOUT ice cream just showed up in our grocery store!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I COMPLETELY empathize with you sista! It's a battle I've been fighting since my first pregnancy......

Okay, but did the doctor really need to phrase it like that? Don't they have a bedside manner class in med school?!

Carolyn said...

Yes, they actually do have a bedside manner class in medical school, but apparently it doesn't count very high towards graduating.

"big sigh" I know all too well this same story. Blah blah blah blah. Why can't us nice girls get a brake sometime and just have bodies that want to be skinny!?!?!?

stephanie howard said...

No sympathy for you. You are half the size of me, and absolutely perfect inside and out! You were probably in the children’s section trying on jeans! When you weigh 155lbs, then we can talk about this subject!

nickel... said...

Ok...Girl you are one hot mama! Even your kids are good looking and hubby isn't hard on the eyes either so you MUST be doing something right! Hottness has no size! :)...I'm just saying! :)

nickel... said...

or age!