Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Seth!


Today Seth turned 12!

I am so lucky to be his Mom. He is sensitive, witty, intelligent, humble, hilarious, and has just enough quirks to fit in around here!

He has the privilege of being our most memorable arrival. After 14 weeks of bed rest, I was not very convinced I was actually in labor. At Applebee's I told Chris it was nothing. At Old Navy, I assured the others in line it was a false alarm as I winced in pain. When my husband said he needed to pick up something at his office, I said "No problem". When we got to the airport to fed ex something and I could no longer breathe, Chris took matters in to his own hands and dropped the other boys off and raced to the Birth Center. (Yeah, I was going through this crazy health kick and thought I wouldn't want drugs or anything!) On the way, we crashed in to some guy in his Dad's Alfa Romeo. Convinced I was going to deliver on the new cars floor, my husband didn't stop. Yep, a hit and run! Not typically a felon, Chris sped off leaving the scene. The other guy sped off after us. It was almost like a scene from James Bond. Maybe more like "National Lampoon's Vacation" if you must know.

The guy kept trying to get us to pull over, but my husband is nothing if not committed to a task! We arrived at the Birth Center at 12:01 am, the guy in the Alfa Romeo arrived at 12:03 am following us in and demanding Chris' license and insurance info, and Seth joined our family at 12:10 am.

He has brought us joy and adventure ever since.

Seth, I love you!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Now why am I not surprised that there's a back story to the birth of Seth?!

Happy Birthday, Seth. The Martins think you're everything your mom described and more!

Hope you have a great birthday. Did Bernard & Einstein do their popcorn dance for you?

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Seth! It must feel nice that your FINALY out of primary!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Seth.

When I read this post the first time... it was way too late in the night and I needed to get in bed, but not before making sure my husband wasn't asleep yet to hear this story!

Beckstrand7 said...

Sometimes I think I should know a lot of your stories, these past 19 years, but I am frequently amazed to hear yet another story I don't remember hearing! Seth was well worth a hit and run, and I'm glad Chris puts such priority on your family!! Love you Seth!