




So, cute "Boring (not) Carolyn" tagged me...she'd like to know 5 interesting things about me. I asked my kids. They said they didn't think there were 5 interesting things, but when I asked for simply things others may not know, they responded with, "Oh you are pretty smart, I don't think anyone knows that." They are keepers!
Here's my five:
1. I LOVE big dogs. Newfoundlands in particular. I have been known to follow cars when I see a big newfie smile inside, I have also driven by houses were I know they live just hoping they are out front playing. I drag my family to dog shows and I am the geek who watches all the dogs shows on tv. I have a big dog right now. His name is "Chewy". He is a Golden Pyrenees. He weighs around 100 lbs, and sadly is starting to show his age (12). He is named after "Chewbacca" but sounds like "Darth Vadar". I have a dream to one day own a ranch with my own herd of Newfs.
2. My husband and I had a double wedding with his brother! Yes, we really did. We were couple 1 and 2 at the Salt Lake Temple that day. It is really quite a story and would really require it's own post.
3. I was a competitive figure skater for 8 years. I had big dreams and maybe not so much talent. I trained in the Bay Area with Brian Boitano, Rudy Galindo, and Kristi Yamaguchi. See, if I had been very good, you would have all already heard about me, right!
4.I have amazing friends! Many I have accumulated in the last few years! A few though, I have had since elementary school. My friends Michelle and Jenni have been through it all with me. I met Jenni in 4th grade and Michelle when we were 17 or 18. Jenni's Dad actually baptized me a member of my Church.
Between us we have 18 kids and a lot of mileage, secrets, laughs, tears, and memories. God may not have given me sisters, but he gave me amazing friends! Okay, I also have amazing sister-in-laws, but the reason I mention Michelle and Jenni is because, despite moves, educations, divorce, babies, lay offs and "life", we are still so close. We talk all the time, our kids are the best of friends, and we ended up living within 20 mins of each other almost all of the last 20 years!
5. I have been pulled over and given a ticket, had my car's engine catch on fire, and been proposed to all in a drive thru line. No joke! Who knew the police would pull you over in line at Del Taco! The nice officer was concerned that I had a towel covering my license plate. I didn't realize it was there of course. My creepy (but very cute) boyfriend at the time had borrowed my car earlier in the day and apparently was up to no good. Once I took the towel off the officer noticed my expired registration and wrote me up! I tried to argue that I was on private property and therefore he had no jurisdiction. Aren't I clever? Well no. He asked how I got my car to the parking lot...He had followed me in and even had his lights on for quite a while before my friend noticed him after we were in the drive thru.
As for the fire. I was driving home from a club with my friend and two foreign exchange students visiting form New Zealand. These were some yummy kiwi's I tell ya. I drove a honda accord hatchback at the time. We were once again at Del Taco, love me my macho burritos, as I pulled around to the window. At the window, Andrew (my kiwi), noticed smoke coming out from under my hood! I jumped out, lifted the hood and flames shot up. My friend Michelle who was with me in the front seat jumped out as well. I screamed for the chic in the window to help--she actually handed me a courtesy cup of water. In all the drama we failed to notice we had locked the cute kiwi's inside. This was a high schoolers car so of course it was missing a few handles. I can't remember what was wrong with the car now. I do remember that I didn't get to go out with Andrew again, and my parents forbid me from going back to Del Taco.
Now, the proposal was one I really didn't see coming. We were oddly enough not at Del Taco this time, and you will all be pleased to read it was not Chris who asked. It was another goof from my past who I thankfully parted ways with.
A strange side note: The young man who proposed at Arby's, was living with his Aunt and Uncle while we were dating. At my husband's work Christmas party I met the founder of his company. He looked familiar. He should, he is "wanted to be my man's to bad I proposed at Arby's" Uncle he remembered me and that I am in a family portrait over the fireplace from 20 years ago. Small world.
Maybe that lifeguard named Mike will show up when "Boring (not)Carolyn" least expects it.
One more side note (sorry): I have teens hounding me for the computer so these pics are not in the right order. You should be able to tell what they are related to though.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
I'll play...
Posted by Harlene at Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Loved it! This was a great idea to "tag" all of us! Such perfect pics to go along with the narrative. We need to do this again to find out more juicy stuff!
Yes! So now every time you drive through a drive through do you get a little leery?
Your friends are lucky to have you!
Just when I think I know everything about you - you pull out the ice skating thing! (Loved the picture)
We knew it wasn't Chris who proposed in the Arby's drive thru - he would have had enough sense to go to the Del Taco drive thru!
Caught me by surprise to see the four of us on the top of your latest blog! I loved that wedding day, and treasure the fact that we got to share it with you...I just wish it hadn't been such a tough day for you. Thank you for forgiving us for making it tough!
Love you!
I vote Harlene, being Harlene is required to post approximately 10 other interesting things! Not only are they extremely interesting but they are just SO MUCH fun to read! :)
Post a Comment