Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gratitiude...


It can sneak up on you. I didn't start out so grateful today. I had a migraine coming on, I didn't get my homemade orange rolls started in time to eat them before church, and a few other things were bugging me which need not be mentioned here. At least not today. My husband LOVES to listen to Bruce McConkie on days like today. I have a pet peeve about listening to talks with this many people roaming around. It just kind of kills the spirit of it for me.

Any way as I listened I was touched. Then I heard him talk about after we die, how we just have to get back up again. I am not kidding, that was how I heard it. You mean when I finally get to be alone somewhere, officially laid to REST, by myself, where no one expects me to do anything but play dead, (no pun intended) I just have to get back up and go back to work again!!! Yeah, so I wasn't really catching the spirit of this day.

I am so grateful for a husband who has learned to move on with life despite my moments of weakness. He shared his testimony of our Savior with my children. He made pancakes (since we weren't having orange rolls), and he gets it! He is always so quick to forgive. I am so grateful for going through the motions. I am glad we go to church every week, whether I want to or not. See I must confess, sometimes I don't want to go. I want to stay home and clean because it is the only 3 hours of the week when I can be alone in the house and no one will call, or drop by, or text that they need me to bring them something, etc. I went to church, I caught the spirit of the day and I appreciate so much the fellowship and joy I glean from everyone's testimonies there.

We had a beautiful lesson on repentance, which clearly I needed, and so I repented. I even confessed to my ladies sunday school class that the resurrection sounded like a lot of work and I had to wonder if the Enrichment committee was in charge!

But then I remembered my own testimony of my Savior. I am humbled by all that He has done for me. I am so very aware of the weaknesses He daily forgives me of and helps others to forgive me of. I am grateful for those moments when I am reminded of how He sees me. Of the room He gives me to not be perfect, but to just be trying. I appreciate what He does with my meager 5 loaves and a few fishes.

Enjoy this day. Be good to yourself and remember you are loved.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

That was refreshing! Happy Easter Bextrands!

stephanie howard said...

Yes I am just now reading your blog, Easter week was very busy! I thought this week was going to be slower, but it hasn't worked out that way. Lot's of unexpected surprise, all good and worth the delay it put on my plans to relax! Not the word for my life, it isn't supposed to be. However beyond that Thank you for this post! I love how you always find a way to express gratitude in everyday life. It too am grateful for not just this season, put the reason for the season. Even if it seems like it is just a bunch of work. Have a great day:-)