
If I could have any career what would it be?
That is any easy one, in fact I think about it often. I would be an ambassador for UNHCR. The United Nations High Council on Refugees. I would spend my days lobbying on behalf of those who have no voice. Those who live under terror, war, poverty, and dictators. But I wouldn't want to just go to the fancy parties to "talk" about change, I would be on the front lines in these camps and villages letting these people know they are not only loved by a God in Heaven, but by the rest of His children here on earth. I would cut through the crap, much like Bono and Bill Gates. Getting the basics of clean water, literacy, and medication for preventable disease to the precious people who need it most.
And if that didn't work out I would want to be a Gorilla expert in Rwanda or a pastry chef!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Jen would like to know...
Posted by Harlene at Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Uh, you are amazing. That's wonderful you really are genuinely such a charitable person. I'm lucky to even know you, I think!
And I now have a new question to add to the list... I would like to know about the $432.00 eggplant please!
WOW! So much for the normal ideas of a teacher or nurse, huh? You would be a fabulous ambassador. (Do they play special music for ambassadors - you know like the when the President walk in a room? The name "ambassador" sounds so regal to me, I envision music playing.)
Anyway, you would be great at it, and I'm sure LOTS of changes would happen - especially in making sure the people knew they were loved.
Post a Comment