Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Friday!


It's Friday, and rumor has it, here in Daybreak this one is going to be "Fantastic"!
(today is my fantastic friday)
This morning while walking Dieter I was thinking about how I hope it isn't only "morning people" who make it to heaven. It sure feels that way sometimes.
I am not a morning person.
I thought about how grateful I am to be past that for the most part.
Past wondering if I'm the "right" kind of person to make it to heaven.
Past trying to be perfect.

In my faith we have Temples. They are Holy and Sacred places where we can draw nearer to our Father in Heaven.
I decided to go to the temple today.
I was 21 the first time I attended the Temple.
I didn't grow up feeling beautiful, I barely felt loved, but the Temple changed all that.
It was the first time I ever felt completely cherished.


Today, think back on a time when you KNEW you were loved by God.
If you can, attend the Temple. If you are not able to attend the Temple today, or are not of my faith, seek out your Father in Heaven in prayer.
Spend some time with Him today. He wants us to know we are loved.
He wants us to know we are cherished.
He wants us to know that even those of us who hate to get up in the morning can live with Him again.

If you are still wondering if you are loved and known by God, ask. Him.
If you don't know where to start, try here.

8 comments:

Karyn said...

Thanks for that Harlene. It's easy to forget that we are loved. Even with all the little reminders that are all around us. I wish I could go to the temple today.

PS What is with the Christmas countdown? Are you seriously starting allready? I haven't even seen any commercials yet. If you are starting before the media then it is really TOO SOON to be counting!!

Beckstrand7 said...

One of my most treasured blessings is that whenever I'm feeling less than myself, or not sure of my place in God's plan, I can always ask Him if He loves me. He can't seem to not answer that question whenever I ask it, and I feel loved. I'm so grateful I discovered that open door, and I'm grateful for your reminding me of what's most important in this life.

Good luck tonight!

Jen said...

This was a great posting. When my visiting teachers came their message was along those same lines, and told me I should take time to sincerely ask Heavenly Father what He thinks of me. (Honestly I'm a little afraid of the answer.....)

This was a nice reminder we can all use and stop to put things - including ourselves - in their right order.

Miss you!!!!

stephanie howard said...

Yes, I still read your Blog! I just seldom have time to comment! I just had to on this one... Thank you! *IF* I do make it to Heaven I hope you are there with me:-) Oh and just have to say you can bring your pet along, he is the cutest dog in this world! Seriously!!! You have such a great way of making me smile, cry and everything in between just by reading you blogs. Hope all is well <3

Devon said...

I soo needed to hear that ! Especially after getting my knew calling. I DO know that Heavenly Father loves me and hears and answers my prayers, just not always in the way we think they should be answered! And yes, us later mornng people still have a chance, we are trying to keep the really late at night people from getting into trouble!

Karen said...

I like to think that the reason I SO like sleep is that God visits me in my dreams sometimes and I don't like missing out on that...:)
Thank you for your other words too. Its good to be reminded.

nevadanista said...

Nice!

Crazy Mama said...

Thanks for the lift today!!