
That's what it feels like anyway. You know how it feels when you come out of the movies in the middle of the day, or wake up unexpectedly in the middle of a meeting. Post-traumatic shock perhaps? No one was happier to see me back than Christopher, who really stepped up while I was gone.
Speaking of gone, where was I? In California for a few days of pampering with and by my step-mom, Judy. Chris joined me on Friday, for a belated anniversary celebration. Here's the wrap up:
Tuesday- My escape...Wheel of Fortune with Judy and a sleeping pill.
Wednesday- Slept in till noon, napped by the pool, off to a massage, enjoyed Mamma Mia, spoiled with a mexican dinner. More Wheel of Fortune, another sleeping pill.
Thursday- Up early, 10:00 am, dressed up for a luncheon and fashion show at Whitney Oaks Golf Club. Very grown up. Enjoyed more pampering with manicure, pedicure and ice cream. Ate way too much lasagna. Fielded phone calls regarding the police visit to our home. Canceled a few cell phones for the weekend, called in a few favors redistributing the youngins'.
Friday- Finished a book! Lounged by the pool, greeted hunky hubby! Dinner with extended family, dashed down to San Jose.
Saturday- Is anyone really still reading this? We enjoyed having nothing planned and raced to the beach. Lunch at a cute dinner in Soquel then naps on the beach. I get teary eyed just thinking about how much I miss the ocean!
Saturday Evening- Chris' Church youth group reunion. So fun to see lots of people Chris grew up with, enjoyed watching lot's of "home movies" and pictures. Nice to see my husband so happy.
Sunday- Desperate to see San Francisco, we invite ourselves to lunch at hunky hubby's dear friend Brett's house. Decide to pick up a few things for their darling 3 yr old Trevor. Things in our experience with boys, we found favs with the preschool crowd. Sharpie markers (black), scissors, energy drink, glue, slide whistle, new years' eve noise makers and a pellet gun. I can assure you they were all appreciated. Absolutely LOVED seeing Brett and Shelly again. There is something about seeing grown men around the guys they went through scouts with, that brings to mind, Dumb and Dumber, Animal House, MY HOUSE! Missed my flight, decide I'd rather spend one more day with hunky hubby.
Monday- Celebrate anniversary with lunch, one more glimpse of the bay, and start prepping myself for heading home. get home, happy to be here, treat everyone (including Dieter) to Iceberg. Enjoy tucking everyone in, including Dieter.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Re-entering the atmoshpere...
Posted by Harlene at Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I read the whole thing! Sounds like a wonderful vacation.
I think I need that INSTEAD of Iceberg fries! Sounds glorious, next time, I am inviting myself!
Ooooo, I love me a sleeping pill! I read every word of this and pretended it was me!!! I'm glad you had a vaca!
So the cops.... you better fill us in on that one. Hopefully no one was breaking into the church...
Oooo, I was hoping for a detailed account of your week away! I'm even glad you opted to "miss the plane"! Missed you.
Now, as Karyn said, we're waiting for the details about what happened at home...cops? cancelled cell phones? Hmmm...
Niiiiiice. Wish I could get away like that. Someday!
so just because I found you through a friend of a friend of a friend (yah...i blogstalk) doesn't mean I shouldn't get to hear what happened with the police and cell phones. C'mon DISH.
Post a Comment