Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashback Friday!


Does anyone else remember playing Chinese Jacks for HOURS?
I remember Cindy Carlson and I trading and assembling these on the weekends in preparation for the showdown that was planned for recess on Monday.
They were the perfect thing for us 6th graders who couldn't let the word out that we still played with Barbies. Alisa Kenton of course got all my purple ones, because Donny was totally HERS!
Speaking of Barbies, did anyone else have a Darci doll?
She was absolutely my favorite, but kind of a diva.
None of her clothes fit any of the other dolls.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I don't think I ever played Jacks, as a kid. And I would love to have you come next week!

Mindi said...

we sooooo went thru a chinese jacks phase when i was in 6th grade. i pretty much sucked at them, but you can bet that i had my own bag.

Devon said...

We never played Chinese Jacks. We only played marbles, but by the 6th
grade, we were so into the bionic man and the bionic woman! No, can't say I ever heard of Darci. I hated Skipper though, because nothing ever fit her!

nevadanista said...

Oh yeah, I played with the Chinese Jacks! In fact, not too long ago I was looking at some old pictures and noticed Chinese Jacks scattered about the floor around me in one of them.

Hildie said...

What the heck are those? I swear I've never seen them before.

I did have cover Girl Darci, though. (the redhead) I liked her, but she had man hands. Plus, what a gyp that Barbie's clothes didn't fit!!!

You should totally move to Austin. It's so great!