I was so excited to see the new Bond film...and then I left the theater so mad! I won't go in to any details here, as some of you may still be on your way to the theater, let's just say I was disappointed.
This weekend was our local community theater's production of Peter Pan. Of course my kids were in it. Some call it a gift, some call it a disease, this whole theater thing, either way they had a great time. The production was top notch and I so appreciate the efforts of all those who put together stuff like this for our kids.
I spent all week, no I mean ALL week trying to please Sir Chandler by finding him the right tux for his winter formal this weekend. Holy Moly he is high maintenance! At first he wanted a custom made tuxedo, turquoise and white plaid. I am not kidding. I managed to keep a straight face as I explained that was not an option. I did canvas the valley going through every DI, vintage store, and everything else I could think of trying to find something acceptable. It wasn't until Friday night at the mall that I decided I may be just as crazy as he is. I spent Saturday morning tie-dyeing a dress shirt for him, pink of course, to match her dress. After all that i endured for this kid, he wore the Napoleon Dynamite 3 piece suit I bought him LAST year for Christmas! He did look good though, and I mange to tie-dye the shirt to match his poor dates dress perfectly! My favorite photo is the one with Dieter of course!
Speaking of Dieter, he's 8 months old now and 122 lbs. None of the "experts" I've talked to seem to know how to get him to stop walking around the house in his crate. You see, crates are supposed to keep a dog contained, but Dieter just pushes his around the house with his forehead. Anyone out there have any ideas on this one? He has also developed a habit of barking over anyone trying to read the scriptures or say family prayers. Have I already mentioned this? When the person reading stops , Dieter stops, when the person reading begins again, Dieter starts barking like we are being attacked. Apparently he's just another Beckstrand that likes to be the center of attention.
I'm not sure what it says about us, but hunky hubby and I were both in bed watching
"Storm Chasers" and knitting by 9 o'clock last night.

8 comments:
I've heard the new Bond film isn't the best. And I'm sorry over the dog frustrations!
Could the pink get more perfect match?! Leave it to Chandler to go for that look. He's such a dear. :)
Sounds like you're going to have to sink a heavy chain into your basement or garage floor or both to keep Deiter contained. Maybe you could run the blowdryer during scripture reading? It works with colicky babies!
Did you get your Th invite? Lv ya.
The new Bond was sorely lacking in sex and nudity. Daniel Craig nudity.
The plot line was confusing, and I just wasn't as impressed. I did watch some clips on YouTube of Casino Royale. You know the ones I'm talking about!
Flippin' sweet suit with awesome unabomber glasses!
Have I told you lately that I luv yur guts?
I would have done the same thing, scour the stores to find something he wanted. It's like searching for the holy grail, such a triumph when it is found.
Before we saw the Bond flick I heard it was bad and went with low expectations, thus I was satisfied. This just might be my life story.
Good luck with the dog, beast, whatever. It reminds me how much I don't need another thing to feed and train.
that boy is WORKING IT. and i adore.
i dug the bond film. but i could watch 2 hours of daniel craig and no dialogue and be JUST FINE.
I also was told that bond this go round wasn't so great, but I really liked it. I THINK the whole expectations thing totally contorts our experience of things. Then again it's been sooooo long since I've seen a movie that I was just glad to get OUT!
Chandler looked great! As I would expect. (Is the strapless dress STILL the thing? Man that better be done by the time my girl gets that age!)
Post a Comment