Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My so called life...

You may not believe it, but here's how it happens...
My alarm goes off at 7:03 am.
I am not kidding, I have mastered the science of figuring out the exact least amount of time to be up in the morning.
Before this one of the phantom teens has come in requesting cash.
He has mastered the exact science of getting up and always asking for cash while mom is still asleep.
I then venture forth to see just where Dieter and his enclosure ended up this time.
This is the thing he rams around the house , the thing hunky hubby built and was convinced Dieter would NOT be able to turn corners in.
If I'm lucky, Dieter is still on the main floor of the house. He has figured out how to push the thing over to the stairs, and climb out from under the cage.
He really likes Chandler's room.
Next I let Dieter out of the crate and we run around in our pj's for a minute.
When the planets align, I then make breakfast.
Actually we try to make the kids a hot breakfast everyday.

Next is the daily race to find matching socks.
Today, Hunky Hubby is our winner!
(notice his enthusiasm to be in my blog?)

Someone wants to play again.

Check the provisions for lunches,
nothing but food storage, (thanks Jennie) so it's hot lunch today.

The crew "enjoying" each others company.
Yes, that is Seth in a school uniform, he would like it acknowledged that he hates his school.
He reminds me everyday.

I didn't get a shot of it, but I do dress and shower after they've left the premises.
Next up is blogorama and a walk with Dieter.

I do at least 3 loads of laundry a day,so I rotate that around before hitting the computer.
I also never make it to 10 am without my diet coke.
If I don't have to run to a meeting for my church assignments,
I bake.
As often as I can.
Today it was homemade bread.
baking is one of the few things I do, that seems to disappoint
NO ONE!

I also typically have to adapt something, as I seldom follow the recipe exactly.
Sometimes it's because I want to try something new,
sometimes like today, it's because I don't have the right ingredients.
I mistakenly bought "bread machine" yeast, but I don't have a bread machine.
That's hopefully why my loaves were so small.

Around 3 I start to psych myself up for the invasion.
Seth goes to a Charter school so I have to pick him up, Cameron moved so I pick him up and bring him here everyday,
( I can't stand the thought of him completely unsupervised and alone all night.)
Annie and Geoffrey walk, the SCENIC ROUTE everyday.
It's Chaos for several hours.

If my kids spent half the energy they spend avoiding doing their homework and chores and just actually did them, ugh!

I spend the afternoon in a desperate attempt to keep people on task.
One way I get Annie and Geoffrey to do their homework is by playing games.
Sometimes it's school, sometimes it's The Office, (Geoffrey makes a great Michael)
Today they are TV talk show hosts discussing what 3 rd and 6 th graders do for homework everyday.
Hey, whatever works right?

By this time of night I just want to enter the witness protection program,
but then he comes along and wants to play, again.

What didn't I get a shot of?
The video Seth made of how long it would take Geoffrey to get himself out of being hog tied in the basement (13 minutes), anonymous teen not understanding why his parents are completely insane for expecting him to have asked permission before going to a middle of the night showing of Twilight. He claims he didn't want to wake us up because I'm always complaining about needing a nap.
How thoughtful!

I didn't get a shot of me throwing up from food poisoning on I15 at 9:30pm with my husbands clients in the backseat,

I missed Christopher getting fired from his job so he could go trash talk BYU on the radio in hopes of winning tickets to the big game this past weekend.
He did win the tickets by the way, so much for teaching him about responsibility.

You can send donations in my name to;
saveharlenefromherlife.com

9 comments:

Erin said...

Wow - what a crazy, busy day. And probably a somewhat regular day too. You make a hot breakfast every day? What a good mom you are.

Becky said...

Yep, sounds like a typical life in a happy home!
(Except for the food poisoning bit - hope you're feeling much better.)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Karyn said...

I wish I could just come sit in the corner of your house and watch the mayhem live, maybe you should set up a live webcam so we can look in from time to time and see what is going on!!

Carolyn said...

I LOVE it and want to hang out with you everyday! You should write a book about your every days in the life you live!

I wish you could teach me to bake!

I wish I could hear the noise going on in the basement of hog tiers and tie-ees.

Sorry about the car incident/client!

I love the whole "talk show" thing with their faces and giant "coffee" mugs. Good stuff.

Dieter is crazy. It's a good thing he seems so soft and snuggley and bear like because he is quite the beast!

I love your life! ...and I would never be able to hang! I would have dropped out the moment someone started asking me for money and then sun hadn't even come up yet!

Jen said...

You're far more woman than I am! A hot breakfast AND homemade bread - not even on my good days!!!

Ask Geoffrey & Annie if I can come be on their talk show. Plus while I''m there, ask Seth if I can get a few pointers on geography....

nevadanista said...

Oh man! You don't know how inspired I am. I vow that I will always move the laundry around before sitting down at the computer. See what a great example you are?

Sorry to hear about your puking in the car with Chris' clients incident!

simply kris said...

i adore you.

jendoop said...

Thanks for sharing. You are too much though, can't believe you'd ever think this craziness isn't just what every kid hopes for in a family. Keep up the good work and send some of the goodies this way and no one will get hurt.

Becky said...

Jeff just noticed your question: "Doesn't anyone else waste time out there?" and here's his answer (which I agree with, although I call it surfing the internet or playing spider solitaire) -

"Tell Harlene that Dave and I waste time all the time. We call it facebook. The trick is to never document the time wasting moments..."