Sunday, November 9, 2008

A light at the end of the tunnel...

We had a fabulous weekend. I can't remember the details of most of it, but what stands out most in my mind was how much time I got to spend with my husband. We are reaching a season were most of the youngins' have places to go and people to see. Christopher was judging at a debate tournament, Chandler was playing at a high school football game, Seth, Annie and Geoffrey are involved in a play and had practices all weekend. That left Chris and I with time to be with each other. Not "vacation" time, I mean we did have to keep driving people back and forth and texting teens non-stop to make sure what they were up too, but still lot's of time with just the two of us.
We took the dogs to the dog park first thing Saturday morning. Why I hate to get up every other day of the week but Saturday is still beyond me. I hate to sleep in on Saturdays, I feel like I'm missing out on something. I love dog parks, you can imagine, lots of other people who love to talk about their dogs. Fortunately, I married a guy who loves dog parks too. I feel so blessed that I'd still rather run errands with Chris, even looking for computer parts, than not be with him. I'm grateful that he always asks me to come with him...anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my kids, and I love hanging out with them. I'm just really touched and grateful that Hunky Hubby is still my favorite.

7 comments:

Beckstrand7 said...

I love that! Staying best friends will have huge rewards after they're all gone too! :)

jendoop said...

I'm with you on the feeling that you're missing out on something by sleeping in on Sat. DH does not share this mild phobia and we don't have a dog or older kids so we'll keep staying up way to late for our couple time. Nice to know that day will one day come, that the kids are older and independant, not that we go to dog parks.

Jen said...

You two make a great team.

Reassuring that you guys still enjoy spending time together after all these years, huh?! It amazes me that Dano is still on board after all these years, even knowing all my faults and flaws. I know, hard to believe I have any.... : ) jk!

Plus look at the great kiddos you two turn out with your tag team parenting!

Mindi said...

we are starting to experience just a TEENSY bit of that--i love my kids, but i love to leave my kids, too.

hanging out with my man, child-free, is one of my favorite pastimes!

Sheri Willardson said...

I know I should not wish the precious time with my children away, but man, I can not WAIT for the day when my husband and I actually have time together again! I'm glad to know that day will come.....

nevadanista said...

Hooray for older self sufficient children!!!

.::still blinking::. said...

Harlene thanks for the comment and all the fabulous offers. You crack me up. We are doing well and I put Gentry in bed early. "Things" are doing much better.