wake up convinced today is the day I'm going to get that lump sum in the mail, from that long lost relative? And then go on to plan out how you will spend every dime?
no, but a nice lady from nigeria emailed me telling me that she would split her $10,000,000 inheritance from her recently killed husband if i would just email her my bank acct info.
any lump sum my relatives have would not be lumpy enough to have any fun. so we keep drudging away...
but i totally support your hopes and dreams and will be happy to share it with you. i would only want...oh...let's say... half. deal?
Funny. I just finished doing my daily entry in the HGTV dream home give-away. It's a $2.5 million home in Sonoma, CA. I'll invite you all over when I win it!
I'm thinking of bloggin the basics of the scenario but in case I don't here's the jist: have brilliant gifted kid that has an IEP for speech and artic probs. Was diagnosed as ADHD and also giftedness by top neuropsych at Phx Childrens. We wrote adhd accomodations into his IEP to help him succeed in school even with his focus probs.
Principal says they don't like the accomodations and won't comply. These are simplethings like he doesn't have to complete entire homework sheets, just selected probs to prove he can do it. He's super smart and can pull good grades even though he can't finish a worksheet to save his life. The school is a "parent choice" school meaning its an alternative but still PUBLIC school that recieves monies from the federal govt so im told they HAVE to honor the IEP. Principal must have *some* leg to stand on though because she's consulted the school attorney and still won't abide by the IEP. Have to hire an advocate and work through this. I'm sick about it and pissed because it's SIMPLE crap I'm asking for that will help my son a LOT. So yah my life sucks rocks right now since this is one of several big issues im dealing with. any advice?
Don't lets go to the dogs tonight by Alexandra Fuller
Followers
Recent quotes from around here...
"Honey, I'm sorry Im sounding so naggy today."
"That's okay Mom, Sorry to be so naggable"
Anonymous Teen, " Could you explain the 1008 minutes overage on your cell phone? You do realize YOU will be paying for that, Right?"
"Why am I being punished for just keeping in touch? Don't you want me to be a good friend? You are always telling me to call if I'm going to be late or change my plans?"
8 comments:
no, but a nice lady from nigeria emailed me telling me that she would split her $10,000,000 inheritance from her recently killed husband if i would just email her my bank acct info.
any lump sum my relatives have would not be lumpy enough to have any fun. so we keep drudging away...
but i totally support your hopes and dreams and will be happy to share it with you. i would only want...oh...let's say... half. deal?
Yes, today is the day! I would settle for the money that the IRS owes us! But I go to bed, my hopes dashed....
Nah,..I just hope that the people who WANT money from me stop sending me bills. Ya know, just for a little while.
Funny. I just finished doing my daily entry in the HGTV dream home give-away. It's a $2.5 million home in Sonoma, CA. I'll invite you all over when I win it!
I'm thinking of bloggin the basics of the scenario but in case I don't here's the jist: have brilliant gifted kid that has an IEP for speech and artic probs. Was diagnosed as ADHD and also giftedness by top neuropsych at Phx Childrens. We wrote adhd accomodations into his IEP to help him succeed in school even with his focus probs.
Principal says they don't like the accomodations and won't comply. These are simplethings like he doesn't have to complete entire homework sheets, just selected probs to prove he can do it. He's super smart and can pull good grades even though he can't finish a worksheet to save his life. The school is a "parent choice" school meaning its an alternative but still PUBLIC school that recieves monies from the federal govt so im told they HAVE to honor the IEP. Principal must have *some* leg to stand on though because she's consulted the school attorney and still won't abide by the IEP.
Have to hire an advocate and work through this. I'm sick about it and pissed because it's SIMPLE crap I'm asking for that will help my son a LOT. So yah my life sucks rocks right now since this is one of several big issues im dealing with. any advice?
Nope, I am just counting on my darling girls to strike it rich. Or marry rich, whatever needs to be done...
How funny-I have TOTALLY been doing that lately. I glad I'm not the only one. :)
I really did literally LOL when I read the first part of Deb's comment!
If only I really did have a long lost relative with a 'lump sum' - I would start dreaming right now...
Post a Comment