Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mom vs Wild

Where have all the spoons gone? and forks, bowls, and glasses too?
I can't explain the phenomenon, but we seem to actually lose household items.
Not break them, LOSE them.
Or they are being stolen.
Or possibly embezzled, although I have no idea what for.
I don't understand having to replace my silverware and dishes,
not because I'd like something new,
but because we actually CAN'T FIND ANY in the house!

I even checked Chandler's dresser with no luck.
You see, a couple of years ago, when I called everyone to dinner,
I noticed Chandler run to his room.
"I said dinner now!", I called.
"Just getting my things", he responded.
"Huh?", I thought.
After the blessing on the food, I noticed Chandler coming down the stairs with
a complete place setting.
"Where did that come from?", I inquired.
"My room, I keep a set in there because I can never find a clean fork when I need one.",
he replied, like it was obvious.
"Have you considered CLEANING some dishes?", says mom naively.

"Every man for himself around here, Mom."

"What about WE ARE ALL ENLISTED!"
"Many hands make light work!"
and all the other stuff I've been preaching for so long.

"Oh yeah, those are great ideas Mom, but a guys got to eat."

No I ask you, does anyone else really have disappearing dishes?
Is it some sort of Bear Grylls genius I've inspired?

Speaking of Bear Grylls, my sweet one, Geoffrey has made a video.
I'm sure his brothers will post it on "Youtube" soon.
Geoffrey stars as Bear Grylls happening upon a female of the species
attempting to train her young to be more self reliant.
He points out that it is the "dry season" and there has not been any Diet Coke to be found at the local watering holes.
This species, and this female especially, can't be trusted under these extreme circumstances.
It's best to steer clear of her and keep moving.

I triple dog dare Bear Grylls or Les Stroud to try and survive around here!

8 comments:

Becky said...

I have a friend who discovered her missing spoons and forks stuck down a hole in the Little Tyke picnic table. Her two-year-old was so proud of himself!!! He made sure he had quick access to a digging implement for his sand box outside. So, maybe you need to send your boys on a treasure hunt outside! Even if there are snow drifts burying everything.

Kristina P. said...

We were watching Bear Grylls the other night. He sort of makes me angry because he's ridiculous.

Devon said...

I remember the Chandler story, and since I helped you pack and we didn't find any silverware, I think you must have elves that steal them in the night! (Michael says they are the same elves that mess up her room)

Deb said...

could the dishwasher be eating them? i lose spoons. i have tons of knives, but i am down to just a very few spoons. and of course, none of them match.

Karyn said...

I think it is time to buy everyone there own mess kit. Just like camp, after you eat, you wash it-hang it up in your little baggie to dry and if you can't find yours when it is time to eat then you are using your hands....
Side note: I use to love Man vs. Wild but now it is more like fear factor. He just eats the most disgusting things!!

Rhonda said...

oh boy do I live your life!!

I just recently had to go to SAM'S CLUB to replenish my spoons. Take note that these warehouse cheapo spoons are replacing a beautiful set (that had a name for it's design and everything!) that my parents bought me a couple years ago for Christmas. Oh where, oh where have my little spoons gone? Oh where, oh where can they be?

(outside in the back yard in the sand pit, in the grass, in the garage stuck in a cereal bowl, in bedroom closets, yadda yadda. I don't get it but I'm down to one glass bowl now. Which made a trip to the dollar store necessary to buy barbie and transformer cereal bowls.

nevadanista said...

Yeah, stuff disappears here too! The entire neighborhood uses our spoons to dig in the back yard sometimes...

Karen said...

Check in and underneath your couches... they're ususally good for one or two at the least. :)