
Sorry guys, but unless some of my friends out there can convince me other wise, I am officially giving up on this one. I know it is quite the rage. I keep hearing, "I read it in two days!", "I couldn't put it down.", "You'll love it I promise!", yeah, well, it's not clinging to me.
I usually give a book at least 4 chapters. If I'm not thinking about the characters or the story line while doing other things, than I know. My boys have read it. They said, "Mom, you won't like it, you're way too practical." A dear friend said, "You are such a romantic, you will love it!"
Has anyone out there read it? Should I really keep going? I am on chapter 6 and not interested. If not Twilight, what have you guys read lately, that you would recommend?
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I'm not getting it?
Posted by Harlene at Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh my gosh, FINALLY!!! you and i really are kindred, aren't we? i thought i was the only one. i did read the whole thing, but thought it was a complete waste of time, poorly written and STUPID!!! and i've never been able to say it out loud before, so thank you! (i always just say "um, it wasn't really my cup o' tea" or something to that effect). don't waste your time. what i don't get is why the rest of the world is so enamored!
I didn't like it either. I read it because I was serving in the YW at the time and my sister-in-law LOVES it, so I thought it would be fun to read what they read. I found it so fake and silly. If I was a teenage girl I could see the draw, but vampires and werewolves and a dumb girl? I just don't see the draw. I must admit however, I have read them all so that I can stay up with the current teen love obsession. They don't get better and the second one is by far the worst of them all. Have you read "These is my words?" I loved it. Also, "The Red Tent."
oh my gosh! you don't even know me ha ha but it is such a good series! keep going
Hmmm, very interesting. I have been thinking about reading this book with everyone saying it is so great. Maybe I will rethink that thought.
I just started the Poisonwood Bible.
Have you read Kite Runner? I just finished it a few weeks ago and it was great! I was thinking about day and night. It took me about 80 pages to get into it and then I was reading until 2am! The movie was great but I LOVED the book. Its a tad heavy, but it truly eye opening.
I just finished the 3 books and really liked them. I resisted for a long time because I didn't think I'd like vampire books, but I thought they were really fun to read. Not everyone can like all the same things though, right?
Thank you! I"m embarrassed to say I actually read all three books. But in my defense, I kept reading because it became sort of a strange fascination to see how stupid the story would get. I can tell you it got even stupider than I could have ever imagined ;-) And I'm going to read the fourth book too, just to see if I can hate a book more than I hated the third :) I'll let you know...
p.s. spellcheck didn't even highlight 'stupider'
Post a Comment