Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Scoop!


Meet my new best friend! Yes I am here to tell you my experiment with giving up Diet Coke didn't work out the way I thought it would. I really tried this whole thing to prove that I wouldn't notice a difference, that's not what happened.

For 13 years now I have had daily pain in my knees. According to the Drs. I had arthritis. I really couldn't seem to get a consensus on what was causing it. One Dr claimed stress and suggested ibuprofen. Ibuprofen? If my stress is bad enough to cause this much pain I definitely need something stronger babe! Another Doc actually had the nerve to tell me it could be all the weight gain! Yes, she said that out loud! Now mind you, I am not 17 anymore, but I'm not packing that much more these days than in high school. Anyway the point is, I have been in pain everyday. I often would be in tears by nightfall if I had been to Costco or somewhere with hard floors walking around all day. I could NEVER go barefoot. The only way to prevent the pain was to where running shoes and take Aleve. Oh yeah, my point?

MY KNEES HAVEN'T HURT IN 12 DAYS!!!! AT ALL!!!

What is up with that? I really believed I could prove Dr Oz WRONG! I am also sleeping much better. Not that I have given up caffeine, just soda. I have a special crystal light cocktail with breakfast and then ice water the rest of the day.

I have heard that many people lose weight when they go off soda. I haven't noticed that blessing. My husband's theory is that it's because I replaced my soda habit with frosted baked carbs. He may be on to something, but I am only giving up one vice this month.

So there you go, I really did it and I really feel so much better.

6 comments:

Karyn said...

I am so proud of you! You know what my theory is? The added water in your diet is keeping you nice and hydrated and your system flushed out. It can really make a difference in our joints!! Good for you keep it up!

Jen said...

WOW, that's great! A surprising side effect, huh?! So now that your knee isn't hurting anymore, does this mean you'll be taking up jogging? (hee, hee)

Carolyn said...

Clap, clap clap clapping!

Congratulations! I'm so glad you aren't having that pain anymore! You don't deserve any pain ever! And sleeping better to top it off?!

Hmmm, I'm typing this at the same time I'm sipping a diet vanilla coke....

You know what kind of water I love love love the most? Distilled! Crazy? Yes, but very yummy!

stephanie howard said...

That is an awesome discovery! I have been having knee pain for two months, and I am about to go crazy! I can't imagine having it for all those years, but how cool is it that you solved your problem! I don't have a soda habit, so it wouldn't work for me unfortunately mine is an injury:-(

Beckstrand7 said...

Good show! (Can you tell I've been watching too much British media?) I'm so glad you're having this blessing! Keep the commandments, and be prepared for all the blessings...(I'm NOT insinuating that drinking diet coke was breaking a commandment, but maybe some law of health?) Karyn's likely right too. Enjoy your side-effect-blessing! :)

Karen said...

Having gone off of all sugar right before Halloween... I have felt your painful torment...and I salute your diligence. Its worth it! "wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." What a great witness!