Monday, April 7, 2008

Inquiring minds want to know...


Why would I give up diet coke? Well, because Dr. Oz said so. He challenged America to try it for two weeks. He claims I will feel better and lose my sweet tooth. That's what he says, so I thought I'd give it a try. The first day was really hard. Not so much a headache or anything like that, just missing the experience. I mentally link having a diet coke with so many of my other daily activities. Driving, blogging, cleaning house. I was surprised how much I missed it that first day. I kept texting my friends and hunky hubby for support.

Day two wasn't nearly so bad. I talked with the receptionist at the dentist about my situation while she sipped on her big gulp. I tried flavoring (and yes, Carolyn, sometimes caffeinating) my water, and of course making sure I had the perfect ice--VERY IMPORTANT--since that was one of the best parts of drinking my soda for me, the perfect ice in the perfect glass.

Not anymore. Tomorrow will be day 6 and I actually haven't missed it lately. Granted, we did spend the weekend with the stomach flu, so I wasn't eating anything any way, but I am finally feeling better tonight and am very hopeful about tomorrow.

I will keep you updated. I am very curious about whether or not I will lose some weight or if I will ever want another french fry. How can you eat a french fry without a diet coke?

4 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

man, i've found coke contributes to me feeling cruddy. oh, it's so sad. but i'm sure i'll be back on the stuff in a few weeks.

Carolyn said...

Okay, you've guilted me into maybe possibly thinking about stopping. Maybe.

Carolyn said...

Update: My sister, Jill's post just convinced me that I don't have to quit.

But now I'm feeling guilty for sounding like I don't support your commendable goal of kicking the habit. sorry

Way to go Harlene!

Hailey said...

So, Harlene, what do you think? Any big difference, changes? Maybe there were subtle things I didn't notice (or want to notice).