
I was thrilled to know my husband would be home for the whole weekend, so I thought I was safe in taking an ambien Friday night. We had taken the kids to their school carnival, noshed on hot dogs and cotton candy, and wasted plenty of time playing with and walking Dieter. Knowing I wouldn't be the only adult in the house, I popped my pill looking forward to a blissful nights sleep for a change. I did sleep well, the problem is of course I couldn't wake up. I typically have this problem. Allergy meds do the same thing to me. One benedryl and I am out for a day. For some reason I thought ambien had something that regulated how long you would feel sleepy on it. I did get up Sat morning, but felt like I was running under water all day.
Hunky Hubby and I set off to run errands. The really fun kind, auto parts store, Home Depot, and a new place Harbor Freight. Lot's of good people watching for me. A few weeks ago we were introduced to IFA, very cosmopolitan aren't we?
After a delish Artic Circle shake we attacked the natives with their list of chores. Annie lucked out as she learned how to replace the brakes on our van with her Dad. Geoffrey is rather gifted at looking busy doing absolutely nothing on his list, and Chandler goes above and beyond to make sure no one gets more than his fair share of the workload. Like I mentioned, being drugged as I was, most of this is a blur to me.
My project for the day was to finish repainting my dining room table and chairs. Not so easy with so many "helpers" and my wanting to go back to bed the whole time. At one point I did head out to just find a new dining room set, but had a moment of clarity when I remembered we have no budget for a dining room set. Are you still with me? This may sound boring to all of you, but I promise spending this much time trying to keep this crew on task is anything but boring. Hunky Hubby and Annie finished the brakes, YEAH!, and he came to my rescue on the chairs. "Just re-sand them and start over", he advised. Oh is that all!
Sunday was of course Father's Day. My best laid plans for surprising Chris with a hearty cave man breakfast went by the wayside, as I had insomnia and didn't get to sleep until 5:30 am. Most likely because I couldn't wake up the day before. Annie came to the rescue. She made bacon and eggs with her Dad's help, and the aroma awoke all the bottom dwellers, aka Christopher, Chandler and Seth. As a Fathers Day treat we got to church on time. Chandler was the chorister for our Sacrament meeting and he did a great job.
I did pull off a yummy BBQ Brisket lunch for Chris and let him nap for a while. We watched a movie, Joyeux Noel, great story, intense though. Later we enjoyed a fantastic turkey dinner at my sister in laws.
While the evening was a celebration for Father's Day, it was also a surprise celebration for Christopher graduating from High School. Good company and good food. It was a treat to have some Whitaker cousins there as well.
We ended the weekend with a nice long walk around our neighborhood lake for Dieter, and hubby and I watching the first disc of "Heros".
Today I need to find a laundromat, as yes the washing machine is not working now, and finish up on the dining room chairs. I have been craving mango sticky rice, so I may need to drop by a Thai restaurant as well.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Our Weekend
Posted by Harlene at Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Congratulations to Christopher - and his parents as well - for reaching this milestone. What are his future plans? Jeff's off to BYU this fall. It'll be weird having more of our kids in Utah than at home! We're grateful they have wonderful relatives to keep an eye on them.
Post a Comment