
Our weekend started fabulous...Journey and Cheap Trick Live! A private concert for me, my friends and about 10,000 strangers who crashed the party. I must admit I was most excited to see Cheap Trick. I have seen Journey before, and they never disappoint, but I have just been listening to more Cheap Trick lately. Anyway, Journey was amazing. They have another new lead singer, and he rocked the place. So much energy and enthusiasm, as well as an incredible voice. Just a few bars from those songs and I was on my feet rushing to the front. I promised my kids I'd be sure to embarrass them and my girlfriends and I did. We started out the night toward the back and it was way too quiet. You should never be able to carry on a conversation at a rock concert. So after a few attempts at finding someone who worked there, I spotted a couple of fire fighters. They were in uniform, so I assumed they were there on "official" business. I asked if they could help me out with a problem, "It is way too quiet. Could you ask the sound guys to turn up the volume?" They responded that they were just there to catch the show. I reminded them, "You are "public servants" right? Shouldn't you at least try?" They thought I should cough up the cash for better seats next time. They were nice enough, but didn't solve the problem, so you see, I had no choice but to cram our way to the front.
I haven't been in that good a mood in a long time. Go listen to some Journey for yourself today!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Don't Stop Believin'
Posted by Harlene at Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've been waiting to hear about your concert...I'm so glad you had a great time.
Did you get your hike in last weekend, or did a trip south supersede? :) Is Annie glad to be back? K is gone for a week's worth of girls' camp!
I'm surprised you didn't make it up on stage.
Was Randy Jackson playin' the bass?!
Post a Comment