Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recap!


So, yesterday started with a trip to the hospital for an MRI. You see my new BFF, Chris the physical therapist, suspects I have a herniated disc in my neck. Otherwise known as a doctor's permission to be super cranky. Anyway, he wanted a few pictures of the inside of my neck and back. Okay, I trust him, so off I went. If you will recall, I had a busy day planned. MRI, Dentist, DMV. I naively thought the dentist was what I was most afraid of. I also thought I would need sedation for the trip to the DMV where the state would have me sign a paper saying that I thought another teenage Beckstrand driver was a good idea. Uninformed was I on 3 major points-
1. I am apparently claustrophobic, a question they are suppose to ask
BEFORE you start an MRI.
2. An MRI feels like the equivalent to being buried alive.
and
3. They wanted to charge me over $7000.00 for the experience.

Once informed on these points, I wised up and chickened out. Panicked some would say, but in a very controlled manor of course. The MRI lady tried to convince me it wouldn't be too bad, I would only be locked in the crypt for 50 minutes. Although she did acknowledge that they have at least 1 runaway a day. She also said I'd be welcomed back once my Dr. prescribed a sedative. Hello? Did I mention they were not paying me $7000.00, they wanted me to pay them $7000.00? Crazy talk.

Am I embarrassed you wonder? Incredibly. Enough to go for another try, not a chance. Fortunately, new BFF Chris, didn't make me feel too bad when I told him he was going to need to use a crystal ball to determine the source of my pain.

On the bright side, after avoiding him for years, the dentist is actually a nice guy and I had no cavaties. I also got out of going to the DMV because there were so many people in line, they don't let you even take a number after 3pm.

Tell me I'm not crazy. Someone out there has a few crazy phobias of their own, right?

6 comments:

Devon said...

Can't handle hights Harlene! I watch the new Batman movie last night, and was having chest spasms watching batman jump off the building in China! I wasn't even the one on the building! I understand. Also, the fear of $7000 Dr bills!

Jen said...

A $7000 doctor bill would make me hyperventilate, too!!!

nevadanista said...

That sounds horrible! I wouldn't have done it either.

.::still blinking::. said...

Water. Like the ocean. Or a small lake. Or any lake really. Clear or murky. There could be sharks or alligators. Or piranhas. Or moss. Swimming pools are fine. If they are pristinely clean.

Carolyn said...

Ooooo, sorry! I will just wish your pain away instead!

Besides being terrified of heights when there isn't anything secure around me... I can't stand when someone rubs their palms together. It makes my teeth hurt. And do you have any idea how often people randomly do this? A LOT!

Karen said...

Velvet...yelch! I hate it touching my skin...makes me want to rub my palms together to make the yelchiness go away... ;) Oh and earwigs... had a bad expeirince with those involving a sandwich once. Can you say GAG and skin crawl?