Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My First Blog Giveaway!


Are you ready?

Here's what you need to do...

Guess how many loads of laundry I ended up with at the laundromat, how many quarters it took to do it all, and how long I was there. Any combinations of right answers will work. I will also be giving points just for trying.

Here's what you win...

An assortment of gift cards which will include most of my favorite "coping" strategies.

(ie: Sonic, Bath and Body works, etc.)

You have until Friday, July 11 at midnight to play.

Good Luck!

7 comments:

Henry said...

fun! 5 loads of laundry( i always have 5 loads).$16.75 worth of quarters. 4 hors and 6 minutes. how'd i do?

Beckstrand7 said...

Okay, my guess is 12 loads, that's about 60 quarters (but that was what it USED to cost) and since there are lots of washers & dryers all lined up, it probably only took about 3-4 hours. I remember once when I had to do that, thinking, "Gee, it's nice getting it all done so quickly, maybe I should do this more often...Nah, not really!" :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is my first time commenting on your blog, although I've been reading for about a month after I stumbled upon it =]

I'm gonna guess 25-26 loads, 40 bucks in quarters, and four to five hours?

Steven Beckstrand said...

My guess 27 loads - though if you did socks, 37. I'm guessing 3 bucks a load so thats around $80 or 320 quarters. Which would mean you were there for 7 hours.

Actually, I can't remember the last time I went to a laundry mat. If I didn't have one in my house, I took it home.

Devon said...

ok, I am thinking about 10 loads, really filled, about $47.50, 190 quarters, and 3-4 hours. I truly hope it wasn't that long, but you know....

Karyn said...

Ummm... 7 loads, $22.50 and 3 hours 25 min... and for an added bonus 6 People magazines!

Karen said...

oh boy... When ever i've had a machine out I just went to a very obliging friend and we chatted the whole time... But that was with 2 kids under 8 and then whatever machine was still working I still used at home... My guess is 10 hours, 15 loads - $22.50 if you just washed,$52.50 if you washed and dried ($300.00 if you count the gas money). ;)