Monday, July 7, 2008

Every once in a while...



I pull it off. Of course I always have help from Hunky Hubby.

We started our weekend with another fabulous hike. This time up Bell's Canyon and then across the reservoir to the waterfall for lunch. Again, lot's of complaining all the way up, but good times by the time we got back down. It was a really steep hike and I must say it is embarrassing when you get to the bottom and your legs can't stop shaking. Much better than a work out in the gym though. This time was also sweeter because we had some friends join us. We grabbed slurpees on the way home and quickly changed to head off to a BBQ at Chris' Mom's place. It was fun to see some family from Panaca there. Chris and I made a quick escape to finalize Annie's plans for the evening. Our cousin Karyn was in town specifically to enjoy Stadium of Fire with her girls. Her Dad, our Uncle Kraig, came along to serve as chauffeur, what a guy! We decided to head over to the stadium to try and scalp Annie a ticket. I'll spare you all the details but, after almost 90 minutes, the good news is, SHE GOT TO SEE THE SHOW! Yes, that's what I mean by every once in a while, we pull it off. She had no idea we were even trying to get her in so when Steven, Karyn's amazing brother, told her to get in the car for the concert, she was way excited. She then went home with them for a fun filled week in Lincoln County, Nevada. I miss her already!

Saturday was spent in heaven, for me anyway. I met up with some good friends for pedicures, Chili's, and thrift stores. Hunky Hubby took the kids, mine and theirs, to the pool and then boating for the afternoon. Once again, hurried up to change, to head off to another BBQ. This time with several families from Reno.

What a treat to see them all. Many of my "readers" either know them or are related to them. The Drakes, Shaws, Daytons (Swansons), and Warcups. Everyone seemed to be doing well, but missing Reno A LOT. How fortunate I am to have such warm memories and friendships. Just a hug from someone who misses Tahoe like I do did wonders for my soul. Thanks, Trish for getting us all together!

Sunday was spent at "The Mire" as I had completely forgotten Seth was leaving for Scout Camp first thing Monday morning.

Speaking of Monday morning, I had the privilege of spending 4 hours registering one of my brilliant teens for summer school. The school smelled like urine and there was no air conditioning. I'm sure they are trying to make a point to these young and impressionable youth, but come on.

I am now off to the laundromat AGAIN, as we can't seem to make up our minds what we are doing about the problem. I don't get it either.

Does anyone else find it ironic that I rushed to wash all of Seth's clothes yesterday BEFORE Scout Camp. I should know better than to be concerned about my son being the "dirty stinky" boy at scout camp.

Those of you still paying attention and doing the math will note, we are down to 3 kids for the week.

Thinning the herd according to Hunky Hubby!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah for Annie! What a fun surprise for her to able to go to the concert. (See, you knew those ticket scalping skills would come in handy some day.)

All the BBQs and family get-togethers sound fun, too. Please say hello to the old Renoites who have migrated with you to Utah.

I'm feeling for you in the washing department - especially when Seth gets BACK from Scout Camp. Don't you have a lake nearby that you can just send the kids down to with a washboard?

Beckstrand7 said...

Ditto what Jen said, and I hear you about Scout Camp. Nels & Gregory left at 5 this morning too, and we barely had time to get any prep done beforehand. It's pretty quiet around here again.

We really enjoyed getting together on Friday, and were SO excited for Annie. Enjoy the relative peace and quiet there this week with your "thinned out herd."

Karen said...

Just tell your children they need to clean their own clothes from now on (in the sink?)and count how many days it takes for them to thin out their own wardrobe. My bet...just about 10. ;)

nevadanista said...

Yay for Annie! Wish I could have been at the BBQ.